Novena to St. Raphael the Archangel Oct 15-23
[Image: Raphael.jpg]

Glorious Archangel Saint Raphael,
great prince of the heavenly court,
thou art illustrious for thy gifts of wisdom and grace.

Thou art a guide of those who journey by land or sea or air,consoler of the afflicted, and refuge of sinners.

I beg thee, assist me in all my needs and in all the sufferings of this life,
as once thou helped the young Tobias on his travels.

Because thou art the medicine of God,
I humbly pray thee to heal the many infirmities of my soul and the ills that afflict my body.

I especially ask of thee the favor

(Make your request here…)

and the great grace of purity
to prepare me to be the temple of the Holy Ghost.
Amen.

St. Raphael, of the glorious seven who stand before the throne of Him who lives and reigns.

Angel of health, the Lord has filled thy hand with balm from heaven to soothe or cure our pains.
Heal or cure the victim of disease.
And guide our steps when doubtful of our ways.
Amen
(10-14-2013, 05:03 PM)Cindy Wrote: [Image: Raphael.jpg]

Glorious Archangel Saint Raphael,
great prince of the heavenly court,
thou art illustrious for thy gifts of wisdom and grace.

Thou art a guide of those who journey by land or sea or air,consoler of the afflicted, and refuge of sinners.

I beg thee, assist me in all my needs and in all the sufferings of this life,
as once thou helped the young Tobias on his travels.

Because thou art the medicine of God,
I humbly pray thee to heal the many infirmities of my soul and the ills that afflict my body.

I especially ask of thee the favor

(Make your request here…)

and the great grace of purity
to prepare me to be the temple of the Holy Ghost.
Amen.

St. Raphael, of the glorious seven who stand before the throne of Him who lives and reigns.

Angel of health, the Lord has filled thy hand with balm from heaven to soothe or cure our pains.
Heal or cure the victim of disease.
And guide our steps when doubtful of our ways.
Amen

Thank you, I was looking for it.
Thank you for this.  I have long had a devotion to St. Raphael the Archangel.  I pray to him for healing.  I have a large icon of him in my kitchen.  This is the icon:

[Image: S436lg.jpg]
Oh where did you find an icon of him? I've been searching far and wide for one and i know almost every Orthodox icon shop on the net and it seems like no one has one of him. I've been trying to get my girlfriend to foster a devotion to him, as he's the patron against nightmares and the patron of both doctors and nurses. All of those things apply to her and i keep telling her that he's her patron, to read Tobias and to pray to him.I just want an icon for her home altar.
(10-15-2013, 09:26 AM)formerbuddhist Wrote: Oh where did you find an icon of him? I've been searching far and wide for one and i know almost every Orthodox icon shop on the net and it seems like no one has one of him. I've been trying to get my girlfriend to foster a devotion to him, as he's the patron against nightmares and the patron of both doctors and nurses. All of those things apply to her and i keep telling her that he's her patron, to read Tobias and to pray to him.I just want an icon for her home altar.

You can buy it at St. Isaac of Syria Skete.  I have bought a number of good icons there.

It would be wonderful for you and your girlfriend to share a devotion to St. Raphael.  I remember the story you recounted about your girlfriend.  Of course, St. Raphael is known for instructing Tobias on how to drive away the demon that had been obsessed with Sarah.
(10-15-2013, 09:29 AM)Clare Brigid Wrote:
(10-15-2013, 09:26 AM)formerbuddhist Wrote: Oh where did you find an icon of him? I've been searching far and wide for one and i know almost every Orthodox icon shop on the net and it seems like no one has one of him. I've been trying to get my girlfriend to foster a devotion to him, as he's the patron against nightmares and the patron of both doctors and nurses. All of those things apply to her and i keep telling her that he's her patron, to read Tobias and to pray to him.I just want an icon for her home altar.

You can buy it at St. Isaac of Syria Skete.  I have bought a number of good icons there.

It would be wonderful for you and your girlfriend to share a devotion to St. Raphael.  I remember the story you recounted about your girlfriend.  Of course, St. Raphael is known for instructing Tobias on how to drive away the demon that had been obsessed with Sarah.

Thanks so much for that link. We have been trying to share a devotion to him as much as possible. As a Filipina she has a deep devotion to Our Lady but has trouble with the angels but I'm trying to remedy that. Since that blessing in the chapel where she vomited the nightmares have decreased but there are times where she still has violent demonic dreams. Both of us are also involved in Auxilium Christianorum which has helped immensely, in fact, as soon as she has a demonic dream I tell her to get up and pray Auxilium Christianorum right away and she does and the nightmares do not come back. I'm going to order her that icon as a gift, thanks again!