Mercy in the Bishopric of Rome
(10-16-2013, 04:45 PM)SaintSebastian Wrote: I think part of the problem is people now see a funeral as a celebration of the person's life.

If it was made more clear that it is a prayer for mercy for someone who has gone to face the terrible Judge and therefore part of the Our Lord's command to love all, even our enemies, such an act would be less contorversial.

If this were made clear, there shouldn't even be a scandal for manifest sinners receiving a Church funeral.

Perhaps the authorities who refused a funeral are some type of Cath Info splinter group... But hey, look at the bright side, the poor soul didn't have to be subjected to a farcical NO funeral ceremony.
(10-16-2013, 02:18 AM)City Smurf Wrote: I am so thankful that the Society stepped forward.  God willing a requiem will be said for the man's soul.  When I first read about what Rome had done—prior to the good Society priest stepping forward—I was disgusted and revolted that they would deny the man a requiem.  I look around me and I finally see the crisis.  I am strongly considering attending the local Society Mass this Sunday.

I suppose some of us aren't quite the 'schismatics', you'd thought that we were . . .  :mrwinky: