Your not supposed to work during the night
Apparently there is some view out there that essentially, you are not supposed to work at night. as in its "against the bible" or something..

has anyone ever heard this teaching?  who teaches it (Denomination or person, book etc)

I've never heard of that.

All I know that I am glad there are some people like cops, firefighters, and nurses who work nights.
It's news to me! I've known a lot of fringe prots and pagan cultists claiming to be Christian and this is a new one! :LOL:
(10-15-2013, 10:56 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: It's news to me! I've known a lot of fringe prots and pagan cultists claiming to be Christian and this is a new one! :LOL:

me to,  at first glance it seems like something id find in "messianic judiasm"
(10-16-2013, 07:30 AM)medievalman86 Wrote:
(10-15-2013, 10:56 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: It's news to me! I've known a lot of fringe prots and pagan cultists claiming to be Christian and this is a new one! :LOL:

me to,  at first glance it seems like something id find in "messianic judiasm"

yeah... messianic judaism is like the worst of all worlds... protestant theology wrapped in teffillin.  Jews have no problem with working nights, though.
:LOL:

The Romans had a thing against having sex during the day.  :P (Get back to work you layabout.  :shame:)

This not working at night thing is new to me.  :shrug:
(10-15-2013, 07:58 PM)medievalman86 Wrote: Apparently there is some view out there that essentially, you are not supposed to work at night. as in its "against the bible" or something..  has anyone ever heard this teaching?  who teaches it (Denomination or person, book etc)

Don't know for sure, but if there is a Protestant sect that believes in this, I would imagine the following verse is the justification for it:

John 9:4 (KJV):  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
confirmed as suspected, it is some groups within messianic judiasm that teach that.

John 11:9 roughly is where it comes from.
(10-16-2013, 09:32 PM)medievalman86 Wrote: confirmed as suspected, it is some groups within messianic judiasm that teach that.

John 11:9 roughly is where it comes from.

kyrie eleison

:pazzo:
I have never heard of that. In fact there was a Russian monastery where the community did manual labor during the night.