Our Lady of Fatima: Miracle in the Philippines
Extra Rosaries!!!    :pray2:
(10-23-2013, 01:31 PM)christulsa123 Wrote: Another piece of information:

The Filipino national news channel ABS-CBN, equivalent to CNN or FoxNews in the US, went to the Mama Mary shrine after the earthquake last week and reported to the nation on this miraculous statue.

Do you have a link? I have been  hunting but so far haven't seen anything. Thanks,

C.
(10-23-2013, 06:52 PM)Cetil Wrote:

The Filipino national news channel ABS-CBN, equivalent to CNN or FoxNews in the US, went to the Mama Mary shrine after the earthquake last week and reported to the nation on this miraculous statue.

Do you have a link? I have been  hunting but so far haven't seen anything. Thanks,

C.

Sorry no link.
(10-23-2013, 08:43 PM)christulsa123 Wrote:
(10-23-2013, 06:52 PM)Cetil Wrote:

C.

Sorry no link.

The Pinoy Catholic is also looking for confirmation of the story: http://thepinoycatholic.blogspot.com/201...chive.html

Here's the original Facebook picture: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202211252190703&set=a.2042561991626.124421.1471623969&type=1&theater

C.
Y'all know I"m totally not going to sleep tonight after reading all this and looking at that picture, right?

:afraidsmiley:
:pray: :pray: :pray:
(10-19-2013, 06:52 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: Wow... If this is all factual, this is really something...

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.
I'll have to ask my pinoy girlfriend to have her family over there look into this further...
What is the name of the Church ?? I probably missed it ?? We could email them as a reporter from Fish Eaters. It's too bad Fisheaters ain't better known in the Philipines, that's a big bunch of Catholics. Maybe one of you guys could offer to translate the front end of this into Tagalog. Being a Fisheater aint'a a passive verb it's an action verb.

(10-24-2013, 09:19 AM)Tim Wrote: What is the name of the Church ?? I probably missed it ?? We could email them as a reporter from Fish Eaters. It's too bad Fisheaters ain't better known in the Philipines, that's a big bunch of Catholics. Maybe one of you guys could offer to translate the front end of this into Tagalog. Being a Fisheater aint'a a passive verb it's an action verb.

Our Lady of Simala Shrine, aka Mama Mary Shrine, in Simala, southern Cebu, in southern Philippines. Overseen by Monastery of the Holy Eucharist. The monks are called the "blue brothers" because they wear blue habits, in honor of Our Lady.

Most Filipinos know English.

Another piece of information:  as mentioned earlier, this statue appears to be Our Lady of Fatima. But the main statue at the shrine, which is much larger, of which many miracles are associated, is also itself a statue of Our Lady of Fatima.
(10-23-2013, 04:15 PM)catholicschoolmom Wrote: Extra Rosaries!!!    :pray2:

Whether it happened or not, this holds true.