Our Lady of Fatima: Miracle in the Philippines
I don't know if someone pointed this out yet but if you look at a larger version of the picture the small crucifix is turned as well
(10-28-2013, 03:50 PM)John64 Wrote: I don't know if someone pointed this out yet but if you look at a larger version of the picture the small crucifix is turned as well

That's what it looks like.  Had not noticed this before. It does appear to be a crucifix with a corpus, facing the wall, judging from what appears to be Christ's outstretched arms on the opposite side of the cross.

I really hope this story can be verified. The latest I heard is the bishop in Cebu said to ignore this miracle because he thinks such things are idolatry. So maybe no diocesan investigation.

But Vincentius may visit the shrine in a few days as our Fish Eaters correspondent. Vincentius, the weight of the world is on your shoulders.  Verify this miracle for the world, then maybe Pope Francis will learn about it, consecrate Russia with all the bishops, and usher in an era of peace for Church and society.  :grin:   :balloons:
Pray for Vincentius, he's in worse shape than me.

tim
It's possible that the base of the Mary statue is the same on all four sides--that it says "Portugal" on all four sides, and that the statue was turned around intentionally in order to get publicity. 

I know that elsewhere, there is a statue of the Virgin Mary that they say is turned towards Bohol, but honestly, she looks turned.  Her head does not look turned. 

I don't know.  So hard to tell.
(10-29-2013, 05:19 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote: It's possible that the base of the Mary statue is the same on all four sides--that it says "Portugal" on all four sides, and that the statue was turned around intentionally in order to get publicity. 

I know that elsewhere, there is a statue of the Virgin Mary that they say is turned towards Bohol, but honestly, she looks turned.  Her head does not look turned. 

I don't know.  So hard to tell.

Hard to say really. What bothers me about this picture is that the Filipino media haven't picked up the story yet and it also looks more like somebody's home altar than something at a shrine.

C.
I'm back from Cebu and have much to say about the Holy Virgin of Simala but will relate them a little later.  I will post them from my website, too many pictures to show.  I am truly spent healthwise, thought my lungs would give up.  At my last pulmonary function test the result showed that I had the lungs of a 103 yr old man!  Some 24% functional only.  My daugther and niece prayed for a cure though this may not be God' will and the good of my soul.

One thing about the "miracle" of the 'turned' statue:  none of those who are residents and daily visitors here know nothing about it.  There is no statue in the whole Church that is turned.  Must be a publicity stunt -- the papers have not reported on it as this could not be verified.

Will post more tomorrow.  You won' t believe the beauty and grandure.  A basilica in the middle of nowhere.  I wish I knew how to post pictures here.
(11-02-2013, 01:21 AM)Vincentius Wrote: I am truly spent healthwise, thought my lungs would give up.  At my last pulmonary function test the result showed that I had the lungs of a 103 yr old man!  Some 24% functional only.  My daugther and niece prayed for a cure though this may not be God' will and the good of my soul.

Yeah, every time I go to the Philippines, the humidity really does a number on my sinuses.  It's just so hot and humid there--I mean, 80% humidity?  All I know is, next time I go, I ain't forgetting the sinus and allergy meds.  Vicks Sinex for the win. 

Anyway, here's a photo from the same person who posted this picture on facebook.  They claim that there was also a statue of the Infant of Praque (Santo Nino, to the filipinos), and that this statue of the Infant Jesus also turned around. 

[Image: ninoandmaryturnedaround_zps7058273d.jpg]

And, of course, no real citations.  All I have is this little bit of info from a place called...Bubble News.

Yeah. 

http://www.bubblews.com/news/1347563-sta...you-decide

Hi LaramieHirsch ,,

Can you send me instructions how to post pic here in FE?  I have tried everthing, nothing works.  Thanks in advanced.
(11-02-2013, 05:34 AM)Vincentius Wrote: Hi LaramieHirsch ,,

Can you send me instructions how to post pic here in FE?  I have tried everthing, nothing works.  Thanks in advanced.

I created a photobucket account specifically so that I could post on forums.  Once you upload your pictures to a photobucket account, you can then copy and paste your [url] images. 

Do figure it out.  I really want to see what you've dug up. 

Setting up an account should take about ten minutes.  Perhaps another ten minutes or more to upload your pictures and figure out how to copy the [url] links.  Then just paste those [url] links here in a Fisheater's post, and there you go. 

-LH
I sent you a PM.  I can't do the photobucket thing, confuses me.  I thought I would send you an email with the details and photos.  Please send me your email address. 

Thanks,
Vince