Our Lady of Fatima: Miracle in the Philippines
I don't believe that the Blessed Mother would ever turn her back on her children, ever.  No matter how bad they are.  As a mother, I know my kids sometimes do things that are very hurtful, awful, you name it, but I love my kids and I would never abandon them.  They may not like what I tell them but I am there for them.  I think it is the same with Mary.  She is upset, disappointed but I don't think she would turn away. 
Let's keep this thread lively, and throw in the idea that there's this icon of St. Michael the Archangel over in Greece that's weeping tears.  Yaay!

And oh.  I forgot.  Let's include this statue of the Holy Virgin that purportedly turned toward the island of Bohol, the epicenter of the earthquake. 

For giggles.  Just so that everything's in one place--in one thread.

[Image: rosarymaryincebu_zpsffeb82ad.jpg]
I have the story and pictures in my website.  Y'all have to go there to view them.  I'm still trying to learn how to post pictures here.  Why make it so difficult?

http://www.alcazar.net/monastery.html
(11-03-2013, 12:31 AM)Vincentius Wrote: I have the story and pictures in my website.  Y'all have to go there to view them.  I'm still trying to learn how to post pictures here.  Why make it so difficult?

Wow Vincentius, you went!  Thanks for the pics on your website. Very inspiring. Takes me back when I visited there.

So I don't see any pic of the Mary statue in question. Was it not there? Gather any info about what happened?  Were you able to make it up the hill alright?

In Bohol, the other island hit by the earthquake--where many old churches collapsed and in a few cases the only thing remaining standing was statue of Our Lady, there is another statue of Mary reported to be miraculous.  The villagers outside of Calape north of Tagbilaran say a fisherman found a sea shell one day that gradually started to change shape. The result was an image of Our Lady. Over time the image has become more refined. There is a shrine chapel in the jungle just north of Calape where pilgrims go daily to venerate the statue.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Nhs_RUA0B38/Sf...Kalooy.jpg 

(11-03-2013, 11:58 AM)christulsa Wrote:
(11-03-2013, 12:31 AM)Vincentius Wrote: I have the story and pictures in my website.  Y'all have to go there to view them.  I'm still trying to learn how to post pictures here.  Why make it so difficult?

Wow Vincentius, you went!  Thanks for the pics on your website. Very inspiring. Takes me back when I visited there.

So I don't see any pic of the Mary statue in question. Was it not there? Gather any info about what happened?  Were you able to make it up the hill alright?

In Bohol, the other island hit by the earthquake--where many old churches collapsed and in a few cases the only thing remaining standing was statue of Our Lady, there is another statue of Mary reported to be miraculous.  The villagers outside of Calape north of Tagbilaran say a fisherman found a sea shell one day that gradually started to change shape. The result was an image of Our Lady. Over time the image has become more refined. There is a shrine chapel in the jungle just north of Calape where pilgrims go daily to venerate the statue.

I have more pix's which I'll post later.  No, there was no statue or Crucifix "turned" anywhere in the Church nor were there anybody among the residents and reguars who knew about it.  As I viewed the picture showed in this thread, it looked to me like it's on a "private" altar where it was deliberately "turned" for whatever reason which we don't know..  It is true that the statue of Our Lady in Bohol did not get damaged despite the wreckage around her.

I never made it to the top at all.  Impossible for me in my condition.  Perhaps if there were some burly heavy guys who could "carry" me up there, as they do in Lourdes.  I can say this much:  there were so many statues of Mary all over the place and none of them were turned.

Were you here at one time?  What year.  There have been many changes and improvements snce the early 2000's  It is accessible by car from the main hiway but once there, it was uphill by foot all the way.  I believe there were some women walking on their knees from the entrance of the Church to the main altar, a practice done here regularly especially at the Redemptorist Church in Baclaran, Manila.

As for the new "reborn" portion of Bohol caused by the earthquake which cause the rise of a part of the northern island serveral meters is true.  There could be another big one to hit but EQ's cannot be predicted, so only prayer would be the only hope to be kept safe from harm.

(11-04-2013, 12:09 AM)Vincentius Wrote:

I have more pix's which I'll post later.   No, there was no statue or Crucifix "turned" anywhere in the Church nor were there anybody among the residents and reguars who knew about it.  As I viewed the picture showed in this thread, it looked to me like it's on a "private" altar where it was deliberately "turned" for whatever reason which we don't know..  It is true that the statue of Our Lady in Bohol did not get damaged despite the wreckage around her.

I never made it to the top at all.  Impossible for me in my condition.  Perhaps if there were some burly heavy guys who could "carry" me up there, as they do in Lourdes.  I can say this much:  there were so many statues of Mary all over the place and none of them were turned.

Were you here at one time?  What year.  There have been many changes and improvements snce the early 2000's  It is accessible by car from the main hiway but once there, it was uphill by foot all the way.  I believe there were some women walking on their knees from the entrance of the Church to the main altar, a practice done here regularly especially at the Redemptorist Church in Baclaran, Manila.

As for the new "reborn" portion of Bohol caused by the earthquake which cause the rise of a part of the northern island serveral meters is true.  There could be another big one to hit but EQ's cannot be predicted, so only prayer would be the only hope to be kept safe from harm.

Thanks for the info and feedback.  I got my info via the Filipino/Facebook grapevine.

I went in 2009. It was Holy Saturday. Packed with pilgrims. Very long line to the top. I was very impressed by the devotion of the pilgrims, the flower gardens, and the story of how the main Our Lady of Fatima statue has been associated with so many healings. I especially rember glass cases filled with crutches from people healed at the shrine, and all the multi-colored votive candles.

I managed to give the abbot there a copy of the Ottaviani Intervention. This same abbot invited a Society priest to offer the TLM at the shrine.

Do you attend the TLM in the Philippines?  The Society has a strong presence there, and since the motu proprio there are a lot of diocesan priests saying the TLM.

Our Lady of Fatima, pray for us!
(11-04-2013, 03:18 PM)christulsa Wrote:
(11-04-2013, 12:09 AM)Vincentius Wrote:

I have more pix's which I'll post later.   No, there was no statue or Crucifix "turned" anywhere in the Church nor were there anybody among the residents and reguars who knew about it.  As I viewed the picture showed in this thread, it looked to me like it's on a "private" altar where it was deliberately "turned" for whatever reason which we don't know..  It is true that the statue of Our Lady in Bohol did not get damaged despite the wreckage around her.

Thanks for the info and feedback.  I got my info via the Filipino/Facebook grapevine.

I went in 2009. It was Holy Saturday. Packed with pilgrims. Very long line to the top. I was very impressed by the devotion of the pilgrims, the flower gardens, and the story of how the main Our Lady of Fatima statue has been associated with so many healings. I especially rember glass cases filled with crutches from people healed at the shrine, and all the multi-colored votive candles.

I managed to give the abbot there a copy of the Ottaviani Intervention. This same abbot invited a Society priest to offer the TLM at the shrine.

Do you attend the TLM in the Philippines?  The Society has a strong presence there, and since the motu proprio there are a lot of diocesan priests saying the TLM.

Our Lady of Fatima, pray for us!

Unfortunately, we don't have the TLM in Dumaguete.  In Cebu, there is one every Sunday at 3 pm but this is a 5 hour trip for us including ferrying our car along the strait that separates the two islands.  From the Monastery place, it's about 3 hours from the city of Cebu.  I hope someday, the SSPX or the EF might be "induced" to add Dumaguete with the TLM.  But that is a very long shot.  We have a new bishop and I don't know him well enough to make the requests.  Besides, this will only be a party of one family.  I'm not sure there are others who will be interested in the Latin Mass.

I'm not sure I will be going back to Simala.  Perhaps if another occasion to go to Cebu comes up, then there will always be  a sidetript there.  This time I'll make sure I can hire some strong guys to "carry" me up (with a tank of oxygen strapped to my wheelchair.