Natasha McShane
She was an Irish exchange student here in Chi-raq and with her friend Stacy Jurich were beaten by Heriberto Viramontes with a baseball bat.. He's been convicted but Natasha doesn't know she's still in hospital. I keep seeing this on our news and I don't know if it's getting National coverage. This young woman may never regain consciousness nor walk or live any kind of life and it causes my emotions to roil. Imagine if she were your daughter or grand daughter. It breaks my heart and alternately want to find this guy with a base ball bat. Here's coverage from the Mail.

Irish exchange student, 27, who still cannot walk or talk after being brutally beaten with a BASEBALL BAT in 2010 Chicago mugging is kept in the dark as 'attacker' finally faces trial
Natasha McShane and Stacy Jurich were brutally beaten with a baseball bat in April 2010 as they headed home after a night of dancing
McShane can no longer walk or talk and needs around-the-clock care
Their alleged attacker, Heriberto Viramontes, will go on trial this week
McShane's parents and siblings will attend the trial - but have vowed not to tell her in case it brings back memories
By LYDIA WARREN
PUBLISHED: 09:34 EST, 14 October 2013 | UPDATED: 12:24 EST, 14 October 2013

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...trial.html

tim
Turn off the tape recorder and shut down the cameras.  Have the officers leave the room.  Send in the father and brother for ten minutes, no more, no less.
(10-25-2013, 02:04 PM)City Smurf Wrote: Turn off the tape recorder and shut down the cameras.  Have the officers leave the room.  Send in the father and brother for ten minutes, no more, no less.

That wouldn't be justice.
(10-25-2013, 02:22 PM)dark lancer Wrote: That wouldn't be justice.

Nor would letting the scum spend the rest of his life living a cosy experience in prison be justice.  If he even got life.  He'd be out after a couple of years.
I know this isn't an isolated case, and I love my home very much, but it's because of incidents like this that I refuse to raise my newborn daughter in the good old US of A. I'm not going to raise her in Vietnam either, so we are looking for places to go (Phillipines is at the top of the list).
When my local saloon sold to an Irish emigre, I found tons of Irish and became friends. Come summer they'd have young women from college come over and work while exploring Chicago. All very cute with their Irish accents, and charming. In those years I became close. The Irish aren't real friendly especially with the Irish which came 100 years before. They dislike yanks calling themselves Irish. I was an exception. I was the only guy that couldn't say two words in Gaelic and my Chicagoese was confusing to those very recent visitors, but I became as an ex-pat. I taught some of those girls to say the Pater Noster. I gave scapulars and rosaries to not so practicing Catholics. Then they left with the crash to Ireland to be safe. I don't know this young woman, but the years of experience with my Irish and knowing if it gets better they'll be back, she has weighed on me heart.

tim
(10-25-2013, 03:09 PM)City Smurf Wrote:
(10-25-2013, 02:22 PM)dark lancer Wrote: That wouldn't be justice.

Nor would letting the scum spend the rest of his life living a cosy experience in prison be justice.  If he even got life.  He'd be out after a couple of years.

It is a natural response for an honest man to be greatly angered over injustice. I have seen acts committed on great friends and family members, as we all probably have.  But vengeance is not justice.  It requires an amazing amount of grace to not want to seek revenge. The only consolation one can have is to know that perfect justice will be applied at the end of the day.
Words fail, utterly fail Tim ... How anyone can do this ...

And yet I have say amen to DL and Tax Collector. The rage is understandable, completely, utterly understandable, but nothing good can come from it.

The father and brother would ultimately suffer terribly as well.

This fallen, horrifying, broken, tragic world ...

Misere Nobis

Faith in Our Redeemer, Conversion of souls, prayer ...

O Lord ...