Elvis Presley and the Rosary

I had no idea such an Elvis song existed. I knew Elvis had sung a lot of gospel hymns but was really surprised to hear him singing about our Lady. It might be old news to some, but it sure is news to me. So without further ado, check out Elvis singing “The Miracle of the Rosary.”

The following are a couple of other interesting Elvis facts:

Elvis Presley's ancestors are said to come from a range of hills in north Pembrokeshire, West Wales, called the Presely Hills and having links with a nearby chapel dedicated to St. Elvis. I had no idea there even was a St. Elvis.  Pretty cool, ha.

The London Times reported on April 27 that Elvis collapsed and died on August 16, 1977, while reading a book about the shroud of Turin titled “A Scientific Search For The Face Of Jesus,” by Frank O. Adams.
Hmm.  I was just talking about Elvis with some folks yesterday.  (Someone had mentioned bacon and peanut butter sandwiches, so naturally I thought of Elvis.)  I told them about how I visited Graceland in 1997 on my three-day drive from Houston to my parents' house in New Jersey.  I'm not a fan; I just thought it would be fun.  I stood in Elvis' kitchen (green shag carpet).

Well, I was at the gravesite out back where he and his mother are buried.  There is a statue of Our Lord with His Sacred Heart.  I found that interesting.

I found a picture on Google:

[Image: 8507650485_79c4c30418_z.jpg]
Yeah, he sang about the Rosary and about Mary.  I thought this was common knowledge among Elvis trufans.

Also the peanut butter and bacon thing is about a legendary trip he took with friends by plane to a place in Colorado where they had delivered to the tarmac something called the Fool's Gold Loaf along with cases of expensive wine, and they gorged themselves on that before flying back.  The Fool's Gold Loaf was a loaf of bread hollowed out and filled with a pound of peanut butter and a pound of bacon, and Elvis ate entire loaves by himself.

Again, these things are common knowledge among Elvis trufans.
What about the weird incident where he saw two aliens who predicted his future (they showed him as a man on stage), and the weird blue lights that surrounded his house when he was born?
What about it?

Yeah! What about it? I want the story!

I hope there's nothing too freaky-deaky in there...  I love Elvis. The young Elvis just had it. He was something else (and the Jordanaires were too kewl!). He was, from everything I've heard, a very sweet, kind, and generous man. I pray he's in Heaven, or at least in Purgatory, being purified.
(10-30-2013, 02:17 PM)drummerboy Wrote: What about the weird incident where he saw two aliens who predicted his future (they showed him as a man on stage), and the weird blue lights that surrounded his house when he was born?

Aren't you thinking of Joseph Smith?  :P
(10-30-2013, 01:22 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote: Hmm.  I was just talking about Elvis with some folks yesterday.  (Someone had mentioned bacon and peanut butter sandwiches, so naturally I thought of Elvis.)  I told them about how I visited Graceland in 1997 on my three-day drive from Houston to my parents' house in New Jersey.  I'm not a fan; I just thought it would be fun.  I stood in Elvis' kitchen (green shag carpet).

Well, I was at the gravesite out back where he and his mother are buried.  There is a statue of Our Lord with His Sacred Heart.  I found that interesting.

I found a picture on Google:

Isn't that interesting? I always imagined that Elvis was some kind of Baptist, who normally don't make use of such statuary, although I am aware that some Protestant sects do, like the Anglicans and Lutherans, but still, it's surprising to see that Elvis used it.

Did anyone notice that in the video it shows a clip from some Fatima movie? Does anyone recognize what movie it is from? I know one thing.  It shows the best recreation I have ever seen of our Lady's Miracle of the Sun. After I watched it, I was reminded more than ever of the importance of Fatima and our Mother's warning of the dangers to the faith, and therefore the world. I still can't understand why, after such a stunning public miracle, no Pope has yet consecrated Russia as our Lady had commanded.
Just a little aside. I worked with a guy that was a Harlan of white lightening Harlans of Kentucky. These are the guys that ran white squeezins in the near south through drier counties.

His mom, very tired of living like a member of Kentucky organized crime moved with her son to southern Illinois.  They were both Kentucky and Lutherans. It blew my mind as I figured all of Kentucky for Baptists.

tim