Vatican Asks For Parish Level Input on Marriage and Contraception
What's the point of having the input of parishioners on this stuff, i mean, the statistics are already out there that most Catholics in the pews support  everything from gay "marriage" to abortion and contraception so why this? If the Catholic Church is truly the Church of Christ, and if in fact Francis is actually a true Pope he cannot do a total run around Catholic doctrine about stuff like this without casting doubt on whether or not he's an anti-pope at the very least. For the record I'm in no way trying to start a thread on sedevacantism but I'm just trying to point out the possible implications of this bizarre poll depending on what the Pope decides to do with the embarassingly predictable results of it.
The UK bishops posted the questions online and they involve questions about pastoral practices, it really doesn't read like a poll on church teaching itself. See: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=2...DJBRJug%3D

C.
(11-01-2013, 09:08 PM)Cetil Wrote: The UK bishops posted the questions online and they involve questions about pastoral practices, it really doesn't read like a poll on church teaching itself. See: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=2...DJBRJug%3D

C.

I looked at this earlier today. Your right that it reads as more of something for Bishops to fill out as opposed to laity, but that isn't stopping the NCR types from filling it out.

There is a section on that survey saying are you filling this out as a layperson or not.
I think what will happen is that Pope Francis will reafirm what we all know to be the Catholic teaching on this subject and the press will turn on him.
Archbishop Muller already did that with his magnificent document detailing why the Blessed Sacrament cannot be given to divorced and 'remarried' couples. The Vatican will get a lot of detailed, useful information, the Pope and the Synod will reconfirm (yet again) what the Church professes, and the MSM will go bananas with rage  :LOL:
I can see all the liberal busybodies in the parish who don't hold all of the Church,s teachings being the ones who are asked to give their insight.
(11-02-2013, 12:39 AM)Philosoraptor Wrote: Archbishop Muller already did that with his magnificent document detailing why the Blessed Sacrament cannot be given to divorced and 'remarried' couples. The Vatican will get a lot of detailed, useful information, the Pope and the Synod will reconfirm (yet again) what the Church professes, and the MSM will go bananas with rage  :LOL:
(11-01-2013, 11:15 PM)Poche Wrote: I think what will happen is that Pope Francis will reafirm what we all know to be the Catholic teaching on this subject and the press will turn on him.

As everyone expected Paul VI to liberalize contraception, but he reaffirmed the Truth.  Let's hope and pray!
(11-02-2013, 02:02 AM)karl Wrote:
(11-02-2013, 12:39 AM)Philosoraptor Wrote: Archbishop Muller already did that with his magnificent document detailing why the Blessed Sacrament cannot be given to divorced and 'remarried' couples. The Vatican will get a lot of detailed, useful information, the Pope and the Synod will reconfirm (yet again) what the Church professes, and the MSM will go bananas with rage  :LOL:
(11-01-2013, 11:15 PM)Poche Wrote: I think what will happen is that Pope Francis will reafirm what we all know to be the Catholic teaching on this subject and the press will turn on him.

As everyone expected Paul VI to liberalize contraception, but he reaffirmed the Truth.  Let's hope and pray!
Be not afraid. Jesus promised that he would be with us until the end of time.

But Ab. Muller also told that German bishop, who was allowing remarried people Communion, "not to reform any faster than Pope Francis does."  While the restraint is good, he seems to indicate what the Pope has been saying all along, that there are changes coming.
(11-01-2013, 04:07 PM)StMichael929 Wrote: Maybe only people who can name the 7 Sacraments should have their votes count  :eyeroll:

As my parish priest would say:

"That's not pastoral." :eyeroll: