Pope Francis's New Ferula
[Image: Francisferula_zpsf9d3e97d.jpg]

[Image: FrancisFerula2_zps95f6d2d4.jpg]

[Image: FrancisFerula3_zpsc3324b49.jpg]

Hmm... it looks a bit pretentious to me but for some reason... I don't find it that bad.
I like it! I wish they could just retire the ferula used by John Paul II  :)
I like it. Does it contain a relic of some sort I wonder?
It look ugly to me. The rays behind the resurrected Christ look grotesque. The top part of the Cross looks less like wood than a lacerated appendage. The bottom part looks like a sorcer's staff.
(11-01-2013, 06:38 PM)christulsa123 Wrote: It look ugly to me. The rays behind the resurrected Christ look grotesque. The top part of the Cross looks less like wood than a lacerated appendage. The bottom part looks like a sorcer's staff.

Wow, tell us how you really feel.  Don't hold anything back, now............ :fish:
(11-01-2013, 06:47 PM)lumine Wrote:
(11-01-2013, 06:38 PM)christulsa123 Wrote: It look ugly to me. The rays behind the resurrected Christ look grotesque. The top part of the Cross looks less like wood than a lacerated appendage. The bottom part looks like a sorcer's staff.

Wow, tell us how you really feel.  Don't hold anything back, now............ :fish:

No offense to your taste in art, but the rays are all jagged, what appears to be an attempt at a wood look reminds me of Freddy Crugar, and the bottom part looks like something out of the Dark Crystal.

Your thoughts Sr Wendy?  :nun:

:)
(11-01-2013, 07:06 PM)christulsa123 Wrote:
(11-01-2013, 06:47 PM)lumine Wrote:

No offense to your taste in art, but the rays are all jagged, what appears to be an attempt at a wood look reminds me of Freddy Crugar, and the bottom part looks like something out of the Dark Crystal.

So what do you think about it?

It's a cross with a corpus on it.  Aesthetically speaking it doesn't do anything for me, however it reminds me of our Lord's crucifixion and resurrection.  I didn't see it as Resurrection Cross because the figure of Jesus looks crucified, not risen.  The thought of Jesus dying on the Cross isn't meant to be aesthetically pleasing, I think...
It confuses me (which doesn't take much, LOL) when I look at it, trying to figure out what is what.  No offense intended, but my first reaction was that it was a bit scary.  But maybe Christ dying on the cross should be scary.
(11-01-2013, 07:06 PM)christulsa123 Wrote: Your thoughts Sr Wendy?  :nun:

:)

Watch out who you call Sr. Wendy, Chrissie tulsa    :love:

(11-01-2013, 07:18 PM)Jeanannemarie Wrote: It confuses me (which doesn't take much, LOL) when I look at it, trying to figure out what is what.  No offense intended, but my first reaction was that it was a bit scary.  But maybe Christ dying on the cross should be scary.

Exactly...