Illinois credits Francis for push for same sex "marriage"
(11-07-2013, 11:59 AM)damooster Wrote:
(11-07-2013, 11:08 AM)Tim Wrote: I live there and they're using Pope Francis as foil. Like the rest of the progressive world no one cares if homosexuals marry, these folks can't search their souls it's too dark. Not too long ago Chicagoland was considered a lost county of Ireland the comical line was calling it County Cook with a brogue. I sent an email around to my closet old pals (most no longer practice) telling them this is the last sin which cries to heaven for God's vengeance, being enshrined in law. I warned them the Chastisement of God can not be too long from today. In the day the Irish pols like da Mayor would make news by taking the entire family to the Stations of the Cross on Good Friday, not today anymore.

tim

I used to be of the mindset that the Pope should not be held responsible if someone misinterprets something that he says. How can he be blamed for their stupidity?

But after reading this article, it's now clear that ambiguity and/or political correctness are just as much to blame as misunderstanding is.

If the statements and time line in this article are true, this should be a wake up call for every politically correct clergy member. Its obvious that anything but bluntness and directness will be used for ill intentions.

There is also this. The Popes for the last fifty years have been heard through a filter. Go back to 2010 in Buenos Aires and read what then Cardinal Bergoglio said on this very subject. We know we can not trust most of the secular news media, why do we think the others aren't the same ??  In fact as I said I sent the email and I'm now in an embroglio over this very same thing in emails.  Here's the Buenos Aires Herald.

http://www.buenosairesherald.com/Breakin...View/38707

Here's another.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/parker-mar...62581.html

tim

Messages In This Thread
Re: Illinois credits Francis for push for same sex "marriage" - by Tim - 11-07-2013, 01:27 PM