And now the rest of the story: son of Barilla pasta
No surprise here...

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2013/11/07/p...lp00000058&
Sad, eh? I was making a point of buying Barilla pasta, but no more. :'(
I buy San Giorgio pasta because I have a devotion to St. George and I like the packaging.  The pasta is pretty good, too.  :)
Too big to fail... too big to be honest... Maybe when a company boss can no longer express an opinion, but needs the smart and sexy boys and girls in the PR and Marketing Depts. to do damage control - means that the company should be split up and sold to the workers.

But who's to say that the whole nonsense wasn't fabbricated from the start?

First say "no no no" and then "sorry sorry sorry" and then make amends... whole world talks about Barilla...

Maybe it was all done after deep studies and focus groups...

Their slogan was "Dov'è c'è Barilla c'è casa" (Where there's Barilla there's home)... too good to resist for the homosexuals.

Somehow I posted in here before but it disappeared. Barilla pasta, so what !! All of these big biz are tied into the march forward.

I hope these two don't fall in line, De Cecco or Pasta Agnesi. I'm partial to Agnesi.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC3f1gxutHA#t=22 [/video]

tim
(11-07-2013, 05:46 PM)Tim Wrote: Somehow I posted in here before but it disappeared. Barilla pasta, so what !! All of these big biz are tied into the march forward.

I hope these two don't fall in line, De Cecco or Pasta Agnesi. I'm partial to Agnesi.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC3f1gxutHA#t=22 [/video]

tim

I agree; De Cecco is my go-to standard when I can't find Rustichella. On the topic of pasta, I picked some of this bronze die cold extruded pasta up the other day on discount:
[Image: 600x600-1322100135-6d5e7278f1.jpg]
It made some exceptional puttanesca.
(11-07-2013, 05:46 PM)Tim Wrote: I hope these two don't fall in line, De Cecco or Pasta Agnesi. I'm partial to Agnesi.

tim

Pasta Agnesi (ligure like you!) - very old - (like me) used to get their Durum wheat from the Ukraine... which means that my grandfather who was in the Italian Merchant marine (as bursar) probably worked for them.

In any case, in 1995 it was bought out by Danone and Paribas (French), but then sold again in 1999 to Colussi and Banca Commerciale Italiana (today Intesa San Paolo)...

De Cecco is huge.

In 2011 they bought out OJSC Moscow Furniture and Woodworking Industry Group, the  second biggest pasta producer in the Russian market with  10% of sales in that country... making De Cecco the N° 3° pasta producer in the world.

It keeps al dente... must be all that Russian wood...

Mah!
Jake,
Io sono sessantasei.

tim
(11-08-2013, 09:28 AM)Tim Wrote: Jake,
Io sono sessantasei.

tim

That's five more than me! But you're made out of better pasta! Sessantasei anni e ancora al dente! Salute!