Look What I Found Still Used as Automotive Oil...!
I was doing some research on purchasing tranny oil for my tractor and found this little gem.

Canola Oil!  YUM! YUM!

I guess I could fry some fish with it too!!

People actually eat Canola Oil...me, NEVER!

:comp:

[Image: image020.jpg]

Bio Hy-Gard II hydraulic transmission oil

Bio Hy-Gard II is a biodegradable, lubricant alternative that is safe on the environment and designed to protect the transmissions, final drives, and hydraulic systems of most farm, industrial and grounds-care machines, including those with wet brakes and clutches.
Applications

·        Forestry, turf care (golf courses/cemeteries), construction, city services (garbage collection/street services), waterway operations, orchards, farming operations.

Features and benefits

·        Formulated with canola oil which allows grass and soil to regenerate quicker after spills or leaks with NO residual effects on the environment, such as contamination to soil and groundwater.

·        Canola oil composition reduces friction and wear.

·        Improved oxidation resistance allows machines to operate in hotter temperatures.

·        Fulfills all JDM J2OC requirements. [Maybe even AHA and AMA] :grin:

·        Meet or exceed performance standards and environmental requirements.

·        Cold-start performance: -13o F to 122o F (-25o C to 50o C).

·        100% compatible with petroleum oils.
I remember hearing about a guy who converted his car to run on cooking oil. He got his "gas" from restaurants.  :O Gross, but cheap.
It doesn't bother me that something I eat might instead be put to some non-food use.  May good things have multiple uses; e.g. vinegar for salads but also for killing mold.
(11-11-2013, 09:11 PM)Doce Me Wrote: It doesn't bother me that something I eat might instead be put to some non-food use.  May good things have multiple uses; e.g. vinegar for salads but also for killing mold.

And don't forget Shimmer!

http://screen.yahoo.com/shimmer-floor-wa...00185.html
(11-11-2013, 09:21 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote:
(11-11-2013, 09:11 PM)Doce Me Wrote: It doesn't bother me that something I eat might instead be put to some non-food use.  May good things have multiple uses; e.g. vinegar for salads but also for killing mold.

:LOL:

[/quote

:rofl: *and* it's non-dairy too!

It doesn't particularly bother me either that a food item has a non-food use. The Inuit both consumed animal fat AND burned it for their lamps. Olive oil too (well, not the Inuit, but others).  We also use corn as a biofuel.

What bothers me is stuff like artificial vanilla - waste byproduct of the pulp and paper industry. Yum.

Quote:I remember hearing about a guy who converted his car to run on cooking oil. He got his "gas" from restaurants.  Gross, but cheap.

Back when I worked as a cook, our old fryer oil was recycled into biofuel for transit buses. "French fry buses" they called them. They smelled good when they drove past.  :)
Quote:

[/quote]

:rofl: *and* it's non-dairy too!

It doesn't particularly bother me either that a food item has a non-food use. The Inuit both consumed animal fat AND burned it for their lamps. Olive oil too (well, not the Inuit, but others).  We also use corn as a biofuel.

What bothers me is stuff like artificial vanilla - waste byproduct of the pulp and paper industry. Yum.

Quote:I remember hearing about a guy who converted his car to run on cooking oil. He got his "gas" from restaurants.   Gross, but cheap.

Back when I worked as a cook, our old fryer oil was recycled into biofuel for transit buses. "French fry buses" they called them. They smelled good when they drove past.  :)
[/quote]