The weapons of the NWO?
I found these while googling (lol, "googling").  They can burn thru alot and are only a thousand bucks and are supplied by batteries, and can fire between 100 and 200 times before the batteries run out.

I say we get our hands on some of these before they are banned:

http://www.amazing1.com/burning-lasers.htm

http://wickedlasers.com/

Those lasers are insane!!! I want one
One of those lasers costs as much as an assault weapon, can be used for welding and runs on AA batteries, and with those batteries it'll fire between 100 and 200 times. 

These things can replace firearms. 

The AA batteries cost ALOT less than ammo and fire at least 100 times!

I'm wondering why they haven't replaced the standard issue firearms?
Because they can only melt plastic looking at the second link and to do that have to be held on target for a certain length of time now do you really think the person it is aimed at will stand still without noticing the burning long enough for it to cause lethal damage?
Mernoc Wrote:Because they can only melt plastic looking at the second link and to do that have to be held on target for a certain length of time now do you really think the person it is aimed at will stand still without noticing the burning long enough for it to cause lethal damage?

I think the lasers in the first link would be used for military purposes.The one's advertised in the second link are for Star Wars geeks and people who get a kick out of igniting matches without striking them.
But... I don't have $2,000 lying around, so I may have to take up archery lol.
Mernoc Wrote:Because they can only melt plastic looking at the second link and to do that have to be held on target for a certain length of time now do you really think the person it is aimed at will stand still without noticing the burning long enough for it to cause lethal damage?

They also wouldn't stop a charging enemy; the beams would pass right through and cauterize the wound at the same time.
Good point. Bullets have stopping power. I'm sure that the US Government knows all about these, and rejected them for this reason, as well as others we don't know about. There are departments and commissions which do nothing but create/review/test new weapons systems. The fellow might die, but it'd take some time, more than enough for him to do you in at close range with a knife, or empty his clip.

That being said, these are cool and I want one. Sounds like it'd be almost as fun as burning newspaper with a magnifying glass.

The green ones are the coolest!
The beam stays extremely visible even through smoke, fog, etc.

Anyone who thinks they can replace a firearm, though is welcome to stand downrange of me and aim one at me, while I do the same with a primitive firearm.

Smile
Quote:

The green ones are the coolest!

The beam stays extremely visible even through smoke, fog, etc.

lets arm enemy snipers with these things [Image: laff.gif]