The Vatican's Secret Life: homosexual men in the Vatican
http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2013/1...ch-vatican

The Vatican’s Secret Life

Despite headlines about a powerful “gay lobby” within the Vatican, and a new Pope promising reform, the Catholic Church’s gay cardinals, monks, and other clergy inhabit a hidden netherworld. In Rome, the author learns how they navigate the dangerous paradox of their lives.

A number of things come to mind.
St Catherine wrote about this very problem in her Dialogues
But yet what is not a form of detraction? or calumny?
St. Peter Damian also addressed it in his Book of Gomorrah.

No names are used (except for that of the former Archbishop of Edinburgh), and there are no blanket allegations, so detraction and calumny are not an issue here.

My own view is that Pope Benedict XVI was correct in his 2005 decision to reaffirm the prohibition on admission of men with homosexual orientations to the seminary.  The priesthood is best reserved to psychosexually healthy, heterosexual men.  What we have now is a persistent, pathological situation.

That said, I believe that those in the priesthood now who are same sex attracted deserve respect and the benefit of the doubt.  Undoubtedly, some of them are saints.

Religious life -- and particularly monastic life -- is a different issue.  I think that monastic life can be very good for sincere men who are same sex attracted.  For some, however, it might present too much an occasion of sin.
article makes me want to puke
From my personal experience of being persecuted by homosexuals at work, I can tell you there is a disordered mind set which afflicts them men and women. There is this notion they are persecuted and reflexively they adopt a notion they are freedom fighters extending their "vision" to all peoples. When in fact it is their own self-loathing which makes persecutes them, their consciences, not the society. This is why they have ruined the chanceries their confusion is running amok.

tim
Tim,

I have always believed that their quest for "acceptance" (actually approval from all and sundry) is based in their own insecurities and perhaps even an understanding that what they do is sinful.  If they were so darn certain that their choices were correct, they wouldn't need anyone's approval. 
(11-21-2013, 10:10 AM)Fontevrault Wrote: Tim,

I have always believed that their quest for "acceptance" (actually approval from all and sundry) is based in their own insecurities and perhaps even an understanding that what they do is sinful.  If they were so darn certain that their choices were correct, they wouldn't need anyone's approval. 

I'd rather not tell that story but their logic was a study in madness. It was a lot like one of Dali's pictures, but all of the incidents were propelled by those confused notions.

tim
I didn't mean to press for you to reveal more than you wished.  I'm sorry.
No, probs, Font, I realized I'd have to say more and excused myelf.

tim
1. Call Vatican secret police and ask for the list of Vatican homosexual clergy.

2. Have each one take a polygraph asking them if they are actively homosexual.

3. The ones who pass will be retired.

4. The ones that fail will be laicized. 

Job done.