The Real Lives of Gay Men
It does seem like there are some gays who are able to pull off long term monogamy.  My wife has some cousins who have been together for 30 years.  They are lesbians though.  Apparently gay women are more likely to want to enter into gay marriages and want that white picket fence lifestyle with the kids and the dog.  It's also easier for 2 women to go to a sperm bank than it is for 2 gay men to find a surrogate or adopt. 

You could also say that heterosexuality has a seedy underbelly and always has.  I don't go to bachelor parties unless the friend is a devout Catholic or can verify with certainty that there won't be any lewd stuff going on.  But it does seem that the promiscuity and seediness is still alive and well in gay culture, and it is more common than uncommon.  My younger brother is 20 years old, and living in the boston gay scene.  About a year ago, when Obama voiced his support for gay couples. I asked him, "Do you ever think about having one of those marriages?  Would you say that most men want to enter into them?" and he said, "no, why would I want to put myself in the same box as straight people?" 

He DJ's in gay clubs and has said it can be a real "meat market."  Most straight dance clubs aren't exactly bastions of sexual morality either though.

Messages In This Thread
The Real Lives of Gay Men - by VoxClamantis - 11-22-2013, 02:37 PM
Re: The Real Lives of Gay Men - by Chestertonian - 11-22-2013, 04:43 PM
Re: The Real Lives of Gay Men - by VoxClamantis - 11-22-2013, 05:12 PM
Re: The Real Lives of Gay Men - by salus - 11-22-2013, 08:14 PM