Pope Francis's Apostolic Exhortation «Evangelii Gaudium»
Pope Francis is SLOW POISON for Catholics. The Vatican is bankrupt and is owned by the Judeo Masonic Talmudic Zionists. Those contained in the Vatican are handpicked by the Zionists, they are our enemies and the enemies of the Cross of Christ. Let us not pussyfoot around here, let us see reality as it really is!
(11-27-2013, 12:02 PM)The Poverello Wrote: Pope Francis is SLOW POISON for Catholics. The Vatican is bankrupt and is owned by the Judeo Masonic Talmudic Zionists. Those contained in the Vatican are handpicked by the Zionists, they are our enemies and the enemies of the Cross of Christ. Let us not pussyfoot around here, let us see reality as it really is!

Should I start making a tinfoil hat? ???
I'm disappointed the Pope said that a proper reading of the koran shuns every form of violence or something to that effect in this Apostolic Exortation. Seriously? Islam has always been violent and the koran itself allows for it! Is the Pope yet another westerner duped by the perfidious liethat true islam is a "religion of peace"?
(11-27-2013, 12:42 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: I'm disappointed the Pope said that a proper reading of the koran shuns every form of violence or something to that effect in this Apostolic Exortation. Seriously? Islam has always been violent and the koran itself allows for it! Is the Pope yet another westerner duped by the perfidious liethat true islam is a "religion of peace"?

You "could" say that Catholicism has always been violent, or at least it has been for great swaths of its history.

You would be partially right to say so, since so many Catholics have entered into violent conflict of one sort or another, sometimes in the name of God and the Church (and sometimes they have been justified in doing so)
But you could really say that Catholicism per se is violent?
"The Poverello" Wrote:The Vatican is bankrupt and is owned by the Judeo Masonic Talmudic Zionists
With all due respect, Judeo Masonic Talmudic Zionists would not make anything bankrupt.
(11-27-2013, 01:25 PM)triumphguy Wrote:
(11-27-2013, 12:42 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: I'm disappointed the Pope said that a proper reading of the koran shuns every form of violence or something to that effect in this Apostolic Exortation. Seriously? Islam has always been violent and the koran itself allows for it! Is the Pope yet another westerner duped by the perfidious liethat true islam is a "religion of peace"?

You "could" say that Catholicism has always been violent, or at least it has been for great swaths of its history.

You wold be partially right to say so, since so many Catholics have entered into violent conflict of one sort or another, sometimes in the name of God and the Church (and sometime s tey have been justified in doing so)

Are you trying to draw an analogy to Islam here?

Islam's founder became a general and spread his new religion by conquest.  His immediate successors did the same.  If Islam has ever spread through the efforts of peaceful missionaries, it's been the exception.  The rule is that it goes where its armies go.
(11-27-2013, 01:45 PM)Richard C Wrote:
(11-27-2013, 01:25 PM)triumphguy Wrote:

You wold be partially right to say so, since so many Catholics have entered into violent conflict of one sort or another, sometimes in the name of God and the Church (and sometime s tey have been justified in doing so)

Are you trying to draw an analogy to Islam here?

Islam's founder became a general and spread his new religion by conquest.  His immediate successors did the same.  If Islam has ever spread through the efforts of peaceful missionaries, it's been the exception.  The rule is that it goes where its armies go.

I sure hope not. I dare anyone to try and compare the surahs calling for the killing or forced conversion of infidels to what the New Testament calls for.
(11-27-2013, 10:45 AM)triumphguy Wrote: People born into other denominations do not have a "choice" to dissent from "our" Church teaching.
They're not necessary formal heretics, but they are all at least material heretics.
(11-27-2013, 10:45 AM)triumphguy Wrote: You have to be a Catholic to be a heretic.

Because to be a heretic denotes making a choice. "The term heresy is from Greek αἵρεσις originally meant "choice" or "thing chosen"" Cross, F.L.; Livingstone, E.A., eds. (1974). "Heresy". The Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church (2 ed.). Oxford: Oxford University Press.
Here's St. Thomas's definition: "heresy is a species of unbelief, belonging to those who profess the Christian faith, but corrupt its dogmas." (Summa q. 11 a. 1 c.) Protestants claim to profess the Christian faith, and they corrupt its dogmas (esp. the Marian- and papacy-related ones).
(11-27-2013, 05:05 AM)Poche Wrote: I remember that Father Cekada said that even though he doesn't believe that Francis is the pope that he would render him the courtesy of calling him by the name he prefers to be called.
and  i'll render that ass cekada the courtesy of not beating him unconscious if i should have the misfortune of meeting him