Jesus Prayer as Act of Contrition
Simple question: Is it appropriate to use the Jesus Prayer as an Act of Contrition? I have been lead to believe that this a perfectly acceptable practice, as any prayer that expresses deep sorrow for one's sins can be used. I have memorized the traditional Act of Contrition, but sometimes I feel more sincere using the Jesus Prayer followed by my own personal words of contrition.
Anyone?
Yes. I've used it many times. It is given in the new rite as one of the suggested acts of contrition.
Thank you, I was unaware of that.
Yes.  It is a beautiful, traditional prayer.

Here you go:  http://www.ewtn.com/library/CURIA/CDWFORMA.HTM
You read my mind, thanks for the link.
(12-06-2013, 05:52 PM)seanipie Wrote: Simple question: Is it appropriate to use the Jesus Prayer as an Act of Contrition? I have been lead to believe that this a perfectly acceptable practice, as any prayer that expresses deep sorrow for one's sins can be used. I have memorized the traditional Act of Contrition, but sometimes I feel more sincere using the Jesus Prayer followed by my own personal words of contrition.

I think it is very appropriate, and depending on the priest it can be done.  One place I've gone to for confession has the Act of Contrition printed on a plaque on the wall and that is the one that the priest tells you to use.