Cartoon About the Holocaust and the European Press
catholicresistence Wrote:What I hate is the mantra "the holocuast killed 6 milion Jews..." w/o hardly a mention of anyone else- even Gays are passing up mentioning it as they do other "phobic' actions.

As far as the court historians are concerned, World War Two was all about ending the capital-h Holocaust--never mind the Brits' and Americans' ignoring Stalin's holocaust against the Ukrainians while perpetrating a couple of their own (the fire-bombing of Dresden, the nuking of Hiroshima and Nagasaki).  That's why World War II was waged by the Greatest Generation.  The Forces for Good were so clearly arrayed against the Forces of Evil. 
royalcello Wrote:I agree with HMiS. This is an awful cartoon. While I personally think that neither "Holocaust denial" nor anti-Muslim cartoons should be prohibited, it is quite clear that Muslims would legalize "Holocaust denial" while prohibiting anti-Muslim cartoons, and so they have no right to object to Europe's inconsistency. They would simply reverse the inconsistency in their favor.

I think the fact that the European press is depicted as a Crusader proves an important point. Muslims, and their misguided de facto apologists on the anti-secularist/anti-Zionist Right, claim that they hate the modern West because of its decadence and immorality. But this cartoon makes it clear that this is a lie; they hate the West primarily because it was once Christendom, Islam's mortal enemy, and only secondarily because of immodestly dressed women, etc., whose behavior functions mainly as an excuse. Muslims would be at odds with the West even if American and European women still dressed like Queen Victoria.

I'm not saying that modern Westerners' hedonism isn't an issue---it's Europeans' failure to have enough children that created the vacuum of which the Muslims have taken advantage. But we should be very wary of ever making excuses for, or common cause with, the Muslims, who warred with the West long before Zionism and long before any Western woman would have dreamed of dressing like Britney Spears.
Royal, you are just plain wrong that Islam warred with "the West" long before Zionism did because Zionism started as the anti-Christian movement AT the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ. Lest we all forget that it was Zionists who made the Passion and Crucifixion happen. The present movement was started with King Herod and two other Jews who established the Mysterious Force which later established it's Gentile version known as the Freemasons. I believe there is still a lodge to this day in France somewhere that is only open to Jews and i'm sure there are many more elsewhere. I would not be surprised if it were Zionists who printed those cartoons against Islam to create animosity between Christians and Muslims. Do you really want to support something that caused the deaths of already a handful of Catholic priests? I surely do not and question the motive of anyone who does including and especially you as you are a self-proclaimed Jew. Creating anything that causes animosity between the Converted and the possibly convertable is not good nor from God. For the record i believe Islam was created and still somewhat controlled by Zionism.

Kyrie eleison
Jonathan
Zionism and Judaism are not identical. Zionism is support for the state of Israel. There are practicing Jews who are opposed to Zionism.

orangemetal Wrote:I surely do not and question the motive of anyone who does including and especially you as you are a self-proclaimed Jew.

You need to review the rules of this forum.

Quote: For the purposes of this forum, "Jew" is defined as one who identifies as a Jew AND who believes in or supports the ideologies that spring from the Talmud and from the leaders of Jewish organizations. It does not refer simply to "one who has a Jewish parent."

I am not and have never been a "self-proclaimed Jew" by VoxClamantis's definition, which is the only definition acceptable here. Take your neo-Nazi attitudes elsewhere.
orangemetal Wrote:I surely do not and question the motive of anyone who does including and especially you as you are a self-proclaimed Jew.

Orangemetal, you can disagree about the cartoons without getting all racial, an attitude "up with which I will not put." I am quite serious.
VoxClamantis Wrote:

Orangemetal, you can disagree about the cartoons without getting all racial, an attitude "up with which I will not put." I am quite serious.
For the record i was not "getting all racial", i just disagree with Royal's opinion that it is a good thing to enrage Muslims or to support anything that could. I said what i said because of his ideology view on this point which to me makes him a through and through "Jew". Without charity, meekness, and humility we will never convert these people. i just don't see how anyone could ever think that those anti-muslim cartoons would ever help the Catholic cause.
orangemetal Wrote:Without charity, meekness, and humility we will never convert these people.

Seems to me that you are the last person to talk about humility and meekness.

MikeSearson Wrote:
orangemetal Wrote:Without charity, meekness, and humility we will never convert these people.

Seems to me that you are the last person to talk about humility and meekness.

Though I don't agree with him throwing about the word 'Jew' in what seems to be a derogatory way, he has a point about not deliberately antagonizing Muslims. 

Yes Islam is bad.  Yes Muhammad was a wicked servant of the devil, etc.  But why does Royal support the cartoonists?  These men do not have Christian motives.  They are just trying to make money by hurting and insulting a particular group of people.

If you were sitting down with a Muslim and seeking to proclaim Christ God to them, would you pull out a cartoon that insults Muhammad?  Would you begin by attacking their religion or making jokes about them?  Jokes, cartoons, satires, these things do not bring anyone to Jesus Christ.

One thing I notice a lot is that we have a tendency to lump people together and in the process strip them of their humanity.  Instead of talking about 'the Muslims' or 'the Jews' we should try to think about the individuals who make up those groups, each and every one of whom Christ poured out His precious blood for on the wood of the Cross.
catholicresistence Wrote:What I hate is the mantra "the holocuast killed 6 milion Jews..." w/o hardly a mention of anyone else- even Gays are passing up mentioning it as they do other "phobic' actions.

Actually -- and I hate to admit knowing this -- where do you think the pink triangle comes from?