Is Cardinal Burke out?
DISCLAIMERS AND APPOINTMENTS
● CONFIRMATION OF GOVERNOR OF THE CONGREGATION FOR BISHOPS AND APPOINTMENTS AND CONFIRMATION OF STATES AND CLINICS IN THE SAME DEPARTMENT

The Holy Father has adopted the following measures in the Congregation for Bishops:

- Confirmed Prefect His Eminence Cardinal Marc Ouellet ;

- Members appointed the Most Eminent Cardinals: Francisco Robles Ortega , Archbishop of Guadalajara (Mexico), Donald William Wuerl , Archbishop of Washington (USA), Ruben Salazar Gomez , Archbishop of Bogotá (Colombia), Kurt Koch , President of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity; João Braz de Aviz , Prefect of the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life, and Their Excellencies Monsignori: Pietro Parolin , Titular Archbishop. Acquapendente, Secretary of State; Beniamino Stella , titular Archbishop. of Midila, Prefect of the Congregation for the Clergy; Lorenzo Baldisseri , Titular Archbishop. of Diocleziana, Secretary General of the Synod of Bishops, Vincent Gerard Nichols , Archbishop of Westminster (Great Britain); Rabitti Paul , Archbishop Emeritus of Ferrara-Comacchio (Italy); Gualtiero Bassetti , Archbishop of Perugia-Città della Pieve (Italy); Felix Genn , Bishop of Münster (Germany);

- Members confirmed the Most Eminent Lords Cardinals Tarcisio Bertone , Zenon Grocholewski , George Pell , Agostino Vallini , Antonio Cañizares Llovera , André Vingt-Trois , Jean-Louis Tauran , William Joseph Levada , Archbishop Leonardo Sandri , Giovanni Lajolo , Ryłko , Francesco Monterisi , Santos Abril y Castelló , Giuseppe Bertello , Joseph Versaldi , and Their Excellencies Monsignori: Claudio Maria Celli , José Octavio Ruiz Arenas , Zygmunt Zimowski ;
Cardinal Burke was appointed to the Congregation for Bishops by Pope Benedict  ,if he is out that is significant that a solid Catholic like him will not a part in picking the new bishops,this is very discouraging.
I guess you are right. NC Fishwrap says Wuerl is in, Burke is out.

http://ncronline.org/blogs/ncr-today/wue...-confirmed
I'll reserve my criticism until it's official; I don't trust the dupes over at National Schismatic Reporter.

If this is true, my opinion of Pope Francis will sink very low, especially since Wuerl is okay with desecrating the Blessed Sacrament.
It's getting worse Piacenza and Bagnasco are out too.

Francis rings the changes and internationalises top Vatican board that nominates bishops

16 December 2013 12:24 by Robert Mickens

Pope Francis has re-confirmed Cardinal Marc Ouellet PSS, 69, as prefect of the Congregation for Bishops, an office he has headed since 2010.

But the Pope today also significantly altered the congregation’s membership by replacing three leading conservatives – including US Cardinal Raymond Burke, 65.

Among the new faces is 68-year-old Archbishop Vincent Nichols of Westminster.

The conservative Cardinal Burke is considered a leading “culture warrior” and proponent of the pre-Vatican II Mass. After five years as Archbishop of St Louis, he was appointed by Benedict XVI as head of the Apostolic Signatura (the Church’s “supreme court”) in 2008. Two years later Benedict XVI gave him the red hat.

Pope Francis also terminated the services of two other cardinals considered strong allies to Benedict XVI, both of whom are Italians – Mauro Piacenza, 69, currently head of the Apostolic Penitentiary, believed to be one of the former pope’s most conservative appointments in the Roman Curia; and Angelo Bagnasco, 70, the man Benedict XVI named as Archbishop of Genoa in 2006 and then president of the Italian Bishops’ Conference.

In addition to Archbishop Nichols, other new members at the Congregation for Bishops include Cardinals Donald Wuerl, 73, of Washington, Francisco Robles Ortega, 64, of Guadalajara in Mexico; and Ruben Salazar Gomez, 71, of the Colombian capital, Bogota.

http://www.thetablet.co.uk/news/210/0/fr...es-bishops

C.
I sure hope this is a screwup, if not...we are in for another wave of destruction.  :'((
Piacenza sleeps with the fishes.
(12-16-2013, 09:48 AM)austenbosten Wrote: I'll reserve my criticism until it's official; I don't trust the dupes over at National Schismatic Reporter.

More like the National Cacophonic Reporter (NCR). Seems everybody pays attention to it, who spew nothing but discordant and meaningless voices.  But they almost always get the inside scoop.
Over two weeks ago Sandro Magister had this:

It will be interesting to see what results the Bergoglio treatment could produce in the other dicasteries. Starting with the congregation for bishops, which assists the pope in the selection of prelates for most of the world: from Europe to the Americas, from Australia to the Philippines.

Currently, out of the 33 members of this congregation, there are 12 Italians and 25 Europeans in all, 4 North Americans, 3 Latin Americans, one from Oceania. It is hard to imagine that these proportions will remain unchanged.

But beyond the numerical proportions, it will be interesting to see whom pope Bergoglio will confirm, appoint, or dismiss in this decisive dicastery.

In this regard it is curious to note how peremptory requests are already arriving from the progressive camp. For example, the "National Catholic Reporter" has called for the head of United States cardinal Raymond L. Burke, too conservative for the magazine's tastes. But to what extent the pope may wish to listen to these not disinterested recommendations remains to be seen.

Source: http://chiesa.espresso.repubblica.it/art...0683?eng=y

Great Reform the Pope is doing replacing Cardinal Burke one of the few in the Curia that holds the faith and fights for it!