What time is your "Midnight Mass" ?
Our usual parish only has TLM's for Sundays and not holy days.  I think we are going to try to go into Manhattan for a Christmas morning Mass.  I love the Midnight Mass but it is too much for small children.  even a 6pm Mass is asking for trouble.

How old did you start taking your kids to Midnight Mass?
We have no Midnight Mass. Priest shortage and all. We have the Mass at Dawn, at 8:00 AM on Christmas Day. I was about five or six when I first started going to Midnight Mass- Christmas Eve always meant a nap in the middle of the day, to build up reserves for being up so late that night.
10:00pm because everyone is old and the priest doesn't like staying up late.
In Philadelphia Pa. there is none.  TLM Community has a 10 am mass  at Holy TRINITY, MAYBE NEXT YEAR ? And may we Have incense very soon. if the power s to-be get their act together.
(12-21-2013, 04:56 PM)JCCMADD Wrote: In Philadelphia Pa. there is none.  TLM Community has a 10 am mass  at Holy TRINITY, MAYBE NEXT YEAR ? And may we Have incense very soon. if the power s to-be get their act together.

I attend Holy Trinity.  I sit on the right side (St. Joseph side) under "Jesus Falls the First Time."  I hope you say hello before or after Mass tomorrow!
Living in a country where almost everybody is Catholic, as Peru, makes it exceedingly simple to go to Mass.  I live in Barranco, one of the smallest districts of Lima, (our capital) - about 15 blocks east-west. 15 blocks north-south, yet we have four large churches - Convent of St. Francis (friars), Convent of St. Claire (nuns), Holy Heart (diocesan), Most Holy Cross (diocesan), offering four of five Masses on Sundays and about three on weekdays. They are so close together that you can visit them walking at a leisurely pace in about one hour.  I live abut 4 blocks from any of these Churches.  And this is just for my tiny Barranco.  We have Chorrillos to the South and Miraflores to the north and Surco to the east (Pacific ocean, with about 16 miles of beaches, to the west).  There are many churches in those districts.  In my car I can get anytime in 30 minutes to about 50  or 60 (who knows) churches in the Greater Lima.  There are about four churches offering the TLM, about 8 miles from my house.  As to the Misa de Gallo  (in Peru and maybe in all Spanish-speaking countries the Midnight Mass is called Misa de Gallo (Mass of the Rooster) (yes, the rooster, the husband of the hen) - it seems that in Colonial times (around 1600-1700-1800) the Midnight Mass was a very glad event - everybody was exultant and people applauded and sang happy songs and even imitated the crow of a rooster and played wooden rattles) -  I usually go to Mass at 12 noon.  Feliz Navidad!
(12-21-2013, 01:14 PM)Chestertonian Wrote: Our usual parish only has TLM's for Sundays and not holy days.  I think we are going to try to go into Manhattan for a Christmas morning Mass.  I love the Midnight Mass but it is too much for small children.  even a 6pm Mass is asking for trouble.

How old did you start taking your kids to Midnight Mass?

It's not easy, but we do the midnight mass. My kids right now are 6, 4, 2, and 8 months. This will be the first year I will have to handle them without my hubby's help. The 6 yr old and 4 yr old are no problem, but the youngest two can be a challenge.
For those in SoCal, St. Anne's(FSSP) has their Midnight Mass at... Midnight!  :LOL:

We'll also be having Mass at 7:30AM(Low Mass with Hymns), 9:00AM(Chant Mass), 11:05AM(High, or Solemn, not sure, Mass) 12:30PM (Low Mass with Hymns, Sermon in Spanish)
According to Sister, it's at 11:59 p.m.  :LOL:
It'll start at Midnight. And since the chapel I assist at is directly under the care of Bishop Mark Pivarunas, it will likely be a Pontifical Solemn High Mass.