The Triumph (film)
There is a screening of The Triumph in our town later this week. It's about Medjugorje. There was a stuffer in our bulletin about it.

What the deal with this film? And what am I supposed to believe about Medjugorje?

Thanks.
You really should not see the film or get involved in any way with Medjugorje, PrairieMom.  It is a false apparition, probably a mixture of the preternatural (the demonic) and fraud on the part of the "seers."

Please read this thread from last month on a notification from the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith on Medjugorje.

Here, again, is the letter from the Apostolic Nuncio on the CDF's advisory:

[Image: MedjugorjeLetter+-+Copy.jpg]
Skip it completely !!

tim
If it goes against the teachings of the church, it's false period. If it mixes truths in with lies, it's of the devil. Michael Davies wrote an essay on Medjugorge.
Avoid like the plague!
(12-23-2013, 06:38 PM)fatiam13 Wrote: If it goes against the teachings of the church, it's false period. If it mixes truths in with lies, it's of the devil. Michael Davies wrote an essay on Medjugorge.

Here it is (PDF):  https://ia600306.us.archive.org/33/items...Davies.pdf

And in text:  https://archive.org/stream/Medjugorge-AW...s_djvu.txt
(12-23-2013, 06:13 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote: You really should not see the film or get involved in any way with Medjugorje, PrairieMom.  It is a false apparition, probably a mixture of the preternatural (the demonic) and fraud on the part of the "seers."

Please read this thread from last month on a notification from the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith on Medjugorje.

Here, again, is the letter from the Apostolic Nuncio on the CDF's advisory:

[Image: MedjugorjeLetter+-+Copy.jpg]

That's what I thought. I had remembered reading something about that some time ago, but couldn't remember the specifics. I found it odd that this glossy, full-coloured 11x18 advertisement/flyer was in my bulletin this week.
Probably enough said already, by my two cents CD is to agree, avoid it like the plague!