"All religions are true." Attributed to Pope by Diversity Article
Although I have to admit that this will probably haunt me in nightmares.
(12-23-2013, 07:39 PM)PolishTrad Wrote: Although I have to admit that this will probably haunt me in nightmares.

Agree.
Chill, it's satire...
http://diversitychronicle.wordpress.com/disclaimer/

He's satirizing the very people lapping this up as true.
The sad part is considering some of the Holy Father's early interviews, a couple of the fake quotes weren't too much a stretch :'((  When Benedict XVI was Pope I would have rolled my eyes and moved on like I did with the "condoms" in the mainstream media.
Satire, people! Satire! Keep your eyes open! :LOL: The reference to Vatican III should have been a tip off!
(12-23-2013, 07:40 PM)FaithandLove Wrote:
(12-23-2013, 07:39 PM)PolishTrad Wrote: Although I have to admit that this will probably haunt me in nightmares.

Agree.

My heart is still POUNDING and I feel like I could be ill. I really think this entire Pontificate, upcoming beatifications/canonizations etc. has got me on the edge. Thank The Lord for the promise of indefectibility, no concern for that, but more a sad feeling of betrayal from The Holy Father. Worse than if my biological father (God rest his soul)  had betrayed me, left me vulnerable to the wolves instead of fiercely fighting them off.
This may be  satire BUT- ANYTHING that comes out of the mouth of the bishop of Rome maybe  is not to far from the truth!
Quote:"The enemies of Christ recognize Jesus in the person of these Christians. They aren’t concerned with liturgical and canonical delineations but with visible faith. Why can’t we Catholics see Christ as clearly in our brother and sister Christians?"

(Pope Francis)

Cause that's the big problem in Catholicism today...too much liturgical and canonical focus. Our Holy Father says as he appoints a cardinal who flatly refuses to enforce Canon Law 915 and bans the FFI from performing the Extraordinary Form of the Mass.  :eyeroll:

My fanfare for Pope Francis greatly wanes.
I was listening to "Why So Serious-Joker's theme" when I read this fake, satirical, The Onion-wannabee like article.

I have to admit, I felt something sharp sink into my heart... metaphorically speaking.

One of my Facebook friends believes it to be true. I defriended him/her.

Now, let's all get on with our lives. It's almost Christmas!  :)

I don't know, as bad as things have gotten in the Catholic Church I still think the article seemed fake from the get go. Individual bishops and priests undoubtedly have said stuff like this in sermons and the like but I can't imagine the Pope being so bluntly heretical, not even a Pope with the formation of an Arrupean Jesuit like Francis.