"All religions are true." Attributed to Pope by Diversity Article
(12-23-2013, 11:17 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: I don't know, as bad as things have gotten in the Catholic Church I still think the article seemed fake from the get go. Individual bishops and priests undoubtedly have said stuff like this in sermons and the like but I can't imagine the Pope being so bluntly heretical, not even a Pope with the formation of an Arrupean Jesuit like Francis.

The problem I see is that any halfway intelligent, reasonably serious Catholic could even THINK the article is anything but satire, but the sad truth is, that given the state of the Church under the current pontificate, fear is generated by the very headline. In fact, I am so worried about what is going on that I rushed to read the article, going, 'Please God, NO!' I was relieved when I realised it was satirical.
(12-24-2013, 05:14 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(12-23-2013, 11:17 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: I don't know, as bad as things have gotten in the Catholic Church I still think the article seemed fake from the get go. Individual bishops and priests undoubtedly have said stuff like this in sermons and the like but I can't imagine the Pope being so bluntly heretical, not even a Pope with the formation of an Arrupean Jesuit like Francis.

The problem I see is that any halfway intelligent, reasonably serious Catholic could even THINK the article is anything but satire, but the sad truth is, that given the state of the Church under the current pontificate, fear is generated by the very headline. In fact, I am so worried about what is going on that I rushed to read the article, going, 'Please God, NO!' I was relieved when I realised it was satirical.

I just found another link referencing this article, but it was not posted in a Satire Journal like the Onion and had no reference as satire, this ran in a mainstream newspaper. So, discernment comes down to not just the competency of the reader, but editors who check sources. It lists the Source as Diversity Chronicle at the end of the article, but did not do any fact checking, almost as if it means to mislead. See Link.

http://www.spyghana.com/hell-real-pope-francis/