It's Christmas Eve, let's break some opłatek!
Merry Christmas to all! May the Savior forgive our sins and protect his Holy Church!
[Image: 11539565344_7692eda8c5.jpg]
I had a Slovak friend who used to give me one of these every Christmas. She's breaking oplatek in heaven now, God rest her soul. She also used to give me a Slovak Easter basket every year with the ornately painted eggs (pysanky?), the ham and traditional foods, and butter in the shape of a lamb! Too beautiful to eat. I started collecting them by keeping them in the freezer and, after several years, I had a frozen flock! LOL
I really miss that tradition. Pass with honey. "Good luck, good health, god's blessings!" All 13 + of us. Someday I will find a low gluten... perhaps...
I finally broke down and ate the last uneaten piece of the oplatek last week. It was stale and probably a little dusty and sitting on a plate on the dining room shelf. Blech. Had to eat it because it's blessed, you know. I couldn't just toss it out. Next yeast I'll insist it has to all get eaten during the ritual.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(01-18-2014, 07:08 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: I finally broke down and ate the last uneaten piece of the oplatek last week. It was stale and probably a little dusty and sitting on a plate on the dining room shelf. Blech. Had to eat it because it's blessed, you know. I couldn't just toss it out. Next yeast I'll insist it has to all get eaten during the ritual.

I guess someone should have wished you bon appetit on Chrismas Eve.  :LOL:
(01-18-2014, 07:08 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: I finally broke down and ate the last uneaten piece of the oplatek last week. It was stale and probably a little dusty and sitting on a plate on the dining room shelf. Blech. Had to eat it because it's blessed, you know. I couldn't just toss it out. Next yeast I'll insist it has to all get eaten during the ritual.

I sent you a PM. God bless.