A Christmas story
There will never be another Christmas for me ever again.  My 15 year old daughter came to me a week ago and said, "I know what I want for Christmas."  My mind raced across all sorts of gifts a father can give to his daughter, all expensive of course.

"I want a purity ring." she said almost as though it was the most natural thing to say.  I was floored.  Here I was building a small armory of arms and the well-known 10 item form which asks "so you want to date my daughter.," plus an application form with questions only a true Catholic gentleman can answer.

I told her  to choose her ring, had it blessed by a priest and had a little ceremony -- speech from dad and a pledge to the Blessed Trinity and Holy Mary and she signed it..  Now all my worries, my anxieties, all gone, a great relief.

So now, who wants to buy a Glock, and RPG, an AR15, land mines, ammo, etc.?  That ring is more powerful against the snares and wickedness of evil than all the arsenal in the world.

A Merry and Holy Christmas to all!

http://www.alcazar.net/Danielle1.jpg
That's a fine gift from your daughter, and may the BVM watch over her.

tim
(12-26-2013, 07:45 AM)Tim Wrote: That's a fine gift from your daughter, and may the BVM watch over her.

tim

Thank you, Tim.  Lots of prayers to go along are still needed.
You should be proud. 

In a world full of craziness and young people running wild shown as the norm, nice to know there are good kids out there who don't act like that.  They just aren't talked about.

She sounds like a wonderful young lady.  :)
God bless your daughter!!!!!!!! :crucifix:
(12-26-2013, 01:18 AM)Vincentius Wrote: There will never be another Christmas for me ever again.  My 15 year old daughter came to me a week ago and said, "I know what I want for Christmas."  My mind raced across all sorts of gifts a father can give to his daughter, all expensive of course.

"I want a purity ring." she said almost as though it was the most natural thing to say.  I was floored.  Here I was building a small armory of arms and the well-known 10 item form which asks "so you want to date my daughter.," plus an application form with questions only a true Catholic gentleman can answer.

I told her  to choose her ring, had it blessed by a priest and had a little ceremony -- speech from dad and a pledge to the Blessed Trinity and Holy Mary and she signed it..  Now all my worries, my anxieties, all gone, a great relief.

So now, who wants to buy a Glock, and RPG, an AR15, land mines, ammo, etc.?  That ring is more powerful against the snares and wickedness of evil than all the arsenal in the world.

A Merry and Holy Christmas to all!

http://www.alcazar.net/Danielle1.jpg
Hang on to your armory.