Hey, Catholic Men, You're All Gay Now
It is ironic Wiccans would claim that, since the few Wiccan men I have encountered are homosexuals.

(12-27-2013, 04:22 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:
(12-27-2013, 03:26 PM)Chestertonian Wrote: our society has completely forgotten that there is any kind of love besides eros--sexual love.  We have forgotten about agape and filios. 

Exactly. I've heard sort of the same logic from Wiccans, saying theirs is a feminine or goddess religion and therefore more males should be attracted to it. But I think it's actually the opposite. These neopagan and new age sects today are definitely geered toward empowering women.

It's not a mistake that, in Biblical language,  Israel is likened to a "wife" and the Church as the "bride of Christ." The Church is also called "Holy Mother Church." These are symbols though. The love between spouses, or the love between mother and child, is the deepest love we humans can know on earth. Our relationship with our Creator is meant to be even more intimate. "Erotic" is a bad choice of words.
(12-28-2013, 01:28 AM)Poche Wrote: In a world where anything goes the real abomination for them is the vow of chastity.

Apparently, if you are celibate or have some kind of reservation with sexual activity, you are seen to the world as a type of delusional closeted criminal just waiting to mess up big time.
This sort of thing is really nothing new, and not, IMO, something that deserves any sort of response.

When I see or read something like this, the same sort of thought always comes to me: I feel terror for this man on judgement day.  Terror.
(12-29-2013, 09:10 PM)A Catholic Thinker Wrote: This sort of thing is really nothing new, and not, IMO, something that deserves any sort of response.

When I see or read something like this, the same sort of thought always comes to me: I feel terror for this man on judgement day.  Terror.

He's in for a real shocker, that's for sure.
(12-27-2013, 04:12 PM)OldMan Wrote: Tell it to my wife and numerous kids...

Elton John has kids!. :grin: :LOL: