FI update: now closing Marian Shrines
I am sensing a much deeper agenda now than just the persecution and dismantling of a faithful Order: it is an attack against Our Lady.  The Marian conferences, symposiums, Days with Mary, Marian books and apostolates are suppressed. And now the closing of Marian Shrines as well.  A demonic thing.

First of all may I direct you to a charitable site most likely written by a friar: http://pray4thefriars.wordpress.com/

And then there is this very bad news which came for Christmas (I suspected that there would be such bad news as on December 8th, the Solemnities bring out the cruel hammer):  http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2013...ns-of.html

Sad Christmas for Franciscans of the Immaculate -- Three More Mass Locations Closed Down Just Before Christmas

(Rome) The joy of Christmas 2013 has brought another sad note for the Franciscans of the Immaculate. Shortly before the Solemnity, the Apostolic Commissioner, Father Fidenzio Volpi OFM Cap  has closed up three more branches of the Order. Many Traditional Mass locations in the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite were connected to the closings. The  faithful were faced with this fact just before the holidays, that they would be without priests and  Mass locations for Christmas.

Of the convents that were closed, one held two Marian shrines, that of Our Lady della Rovere in San Bartolomeo al Mare on the Italian Riviera and that of Our Lady of Pontelungo in Albenga and at the Church of Saint Leonard of Porto Maurizio in Imperia. The reason used by  the Apostolic Commissioner was that the Franciscans of the Immaculate have a missionary charism, which is why they should also be active in the mission and is displacing the brothers to the Third World countries. The papal commissioner has already directed the closure of other convents and the exile of leading religious representatives (see separate reports After Rebuilding the Desolation Follows - Commissioner Disbands Convents of the Franciscans of the Immaculate on and The Road to Exile - Purge of Franciscans of the Immaculata ).

All three branches and Mass sites were located in the diocese of Albenga-Imperia in Liguria. The diocese is led by Bishop Mario Oliveri, a traditional diocesan bishop, like Bishop Dominique Rey in the nearby French Diocese of Frejus-Toulon on the Cote d'Azur, who promotes the establishment of old and biritual communities and gives them the task of the care of souls.

The closure of the three religious houses by the papal commissioner came after Bishop Oliveri gave permission for the brothers to live in his diocese, also supporting them in continuing to be able to celebrate in the traditional Rite. The Bishop drew particular attention to the pastoral care of the faithful at the three  Mass sites. "Messa in Latino" refers to a "retaliatory action" against the bishop, if he "had dared to defend the Franciscans of the Immaculate."

Bishop Oliveri in 2008 was the world's first diocesan bishop, after the Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum, of Pope Benedict XVI to celebrate a Pontifical Mass from the throne. Seven Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate took their solemn profession in the Co-Cathedral of Imperia  before the bishop.

"The Commissioner and some brothers collaborating with him, have imposed a climate of intimidation and fear  in the Order," says a Catholic from Albenga in a letter to Libertà e Persona . "In dealing with the Franciscans of the Immaculate itself, there is little sense of 'mercy' and 'justice' and  even less 'brotherly love'. And what can we  ordinary believers do? We pray. But we should also write Pope Francis write personal, because only he can put an end to this destruction of this thriving Order ".

[Image: cropped-fi-jpii4.jpg]
(12-28-2013, 02:05 PM)Magdalene Wrote: I am sensing a much deeper agenda now than just the persecution and dismantling of a faithful Order: it is an attack against Our Lady.  The Marian conferences, symposiums, Days with Mary, Marian books and apostolates are suppressed. And now the closing of Marian Shrines as well.  A demonic thing.

First of all may I direct you to a charitable site most likely written by a friar: http://pray4thefriars.wordpress.com/

And then there is this very bad news which came for Christmas (I suspected that there would be such bad news as on December 8th, the Solemnities bring out the cruel hammer):  http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2013...ns-of.html

Sad Christmas for Franciscans of the Immaculate -- Three More Mass Locations Closed Down Just Before Christmas

(Rome) The joy of Christmas 2013 has brought another sad note for the Franciscans of the Immaculate. Shortly before the Solemnity, the Apostolic Commissioner, Father Fidenzio Volpi OFM Cap  has closed up three more branches of the Order. Many Traditional Mass locations in the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite were connected to the closings. The  faithful were faced with this fact just before the holidays, that they would be without priests and  Mass locations for Christmas.

Of the convents that were closed, one held two Marian shrines, that of Our Lady della Rovere in San Bartolomeo al Mare on the Italian Riviera and that of Our Lady of Pontelungo in Albenga and at the Church of Saint Leonard of Porto Maurizio in Imperia. The reason used by  the Apostolic Commissioner was that the Franciscans of the Immaculate have a missionary charism, which is why they should also be active in the mission and is displacing the brothers to the Third World countries. The papal commissioner has already directed the closure of other convents and the exile of leading religious representatives (see separate reports After Rebuilding the Desolation Follows - Commissioner Disbands Convents of the Franciscans of the Immaculate on and The Road to Exile - Purge of Franciscans of the Immaculata ).

All three branches and Mass sites were located in the diocese of Albenga-Imperia in Liguria. The diocese is led by Bishop Mario Oliveri, a traditional diocesan bishop, like Bishop Dominique Rey in the nearby French Diocese of Frejus-Toulon on the Cote d'Azur, who promotes the establishment of old and biritual communities and gives them the task of the care of souls.

The closure of the three religious houses by the papal commissioner came after Bishop Oliveri gave permission for the brothers to live in his diocese, also supporting them in continuing to be able to celebrate in the traditional Rite. The Bishop drew particular attention to the pastoral care of the faithful at the three  Mass sites. "Messa in Latino" refers to a "retaliatory action" against the bishop, if he "had dared to defend the Franciscans of the Immaculate."

Bishop Oliveri in 2008 was the world's first diocesan bishop, after the Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum, of Pope Benedict XVI to celebrate a Pontifical Mass from the throne. Seven Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate took their solemn profession in the Co-Cathedral of Imperia  before the bishop.

"The Commissioner and some brothers collaborating with him, have imposed a climate of intimidation and fear  in the Order," says a Catholic from Albenga in a letter to Libertà e Persona . "In dealing with the Franciscans of the Immaculate itself, there is little sense of 'mercy' and 'justice' and  even less 'brotherly love'. And what can we  ordinary believers do? We pray. But we should also write Pope Francis write personal, because only he can put an end to this destruction of this thriving Order ".

I assure you, Francis approves of all of this. Make no mistake about it. He put the Commissioner there to take down this order.
Diabolic disorientation.  We were warned.
Hideous.
I read about this in the wee hours this morning and was highly confused and disturbed.  Why has the Pope called himself Francis and shown such actions to these Franciscans?
:incense:
(12-28-2013, 02:05 PM)Magdalene Wrote: I am sensing a much deeper agenda now than just the persecution and dismantling of a faithful Order: it is an attack against Our Lady.  The Marian conferences, symposiums, Days with Mary, Marian books and apostolates are suppressed. And now the closing of Marian Shrines as well.  A demonic thing.

:incense: I do not understand any of this. What a sad situation.  :'(( :pray2:
(12-28-2013, 03:26 PM)tradne4163 Wrote: I assure you, Francis approves of all of this. Make no mistake about it. He put the Commissioner there to take down this order.

How are you so sure that Pope Francis approves all of this? I am not saying he is doing all he can, or shouldn't do more, but how are you so sure that he approves of this? Is there a link to somewhere or resource from where you got this?
I have a monastery of FFI about 15 miles from my house and they provide the Latin Mass at a local parish church off the monastery property. I see numerous new faces among them. They are thriving for sure. The persecution they endure is disgusting.
(12-28-2013, 08:23 PM)ArturoOrtiz Wrote:
(12-28-2013, 03:26 PM)tradne4163 Wrote: I assure you, Francis approves of all of this. Make no mistake about it. He put the Commissioner there to take down this order.

How are you so sure that Pope Francis approves all of this? I am not saying he is doing all he can, or shouldn't do more, but how are you so sure that he approves of this? Is there a link to somewhere or resource from where you got this?

Francis is no fan of the beauty and awe of the Latin Mass.
(12-28-2013, 08:25 PM)Asperges me Wrote:
(12-28-2013, 08:23 PM)ArturoOrtiz Wrote:

Francis is no fan of the beauty and awe of the Latin Mass.

See where I am confused is in the fact that Pope Francis is against the Latin Mass. I am not saying that I dont feel for what is happening to the Franciscans. I am deeply concerned and am praying for them.

However if Pope Francis was infact against the Latin Mass then why would he not simply get rid of Summorum Pontificum? Could he not simply make it obsolete? Earlier when Pope Francis became pope liberal cardinals asked him if he would do this and he told them no.

I would be thinking that if Pope Francis was an enemy of the Latin Mass then he would go after the FSSP, Institution of Christ the King and Summorum Pontificum all together.