FI update: now closing Marian Shrines
So much for the NO having charity.  :eyeroll:
Quote:I would be thinking that if Pope Francis was an enemy of the Latin Mass then he would go after the FSSP, Institution of Christ the King and Summorum Pontificum all together.

Only time will tell. These may be targeted down the road. For shutting down, for watering down or for some future "synthesis" with the new orientation. Watch and pray.
(12-28-2013, 08:23 PM)ArturoOrtiz Wrote:
(12-28-2013, 03:26 PM)tradne4163 Wrote: I assure you, Francis approves of all of this. Make no mistake about it. He put the Commissioner there to take down this order.

How are you so sure that Pope Francis approves all of this? I am not saying he is doing all he can, or shouldn't do more, but how are you so sure that he approves of this? Is there a link to somewhere or resource from where you got this?
simple, the Pope personally appointed the man as Apostolic Commisioner, knowing full well the liberal reputation of the apointee. unless you want to tell me that Francis is just incompetent and reckless about who he appoints to oversee a religious community.
(12-28-2013, 07:22 PM)Jeanannemarie Wrote: Why has the Pope called himself Francis and shown such actions to these Franciscans?

Franciscans have been bickering amongst themselves for centuries.  Quite frankly placing a Franciscan in charge of a separate Order of Franciscans was doomed to fail.  A Dominican or Carmelite would have been a much wiser choice.
Lots of hearsay, doomsaying and finger pointing. No-one seems to know the actual truth.
Just remember, we don't know the whole story. There is more to this than meets the eye. We are only hearing what some people want us to hear.
(12-28-2013, 08:25 PM)Asperges me Wrote:
(12-28-2013, 08:23 PM)ArturoOrtiz Wrote:
(12-28-2013, 03:26 PM)tradne4163 Wrote: I assure you, Francis approves of all of this. Make no mistake about it. He put the Commissioner there to take down this order.

How are you so sure that Pope Francis approves all of this? I am not saying he is doing all he can, or shouldn't do more, but how are you so sure that he approves of this? Is there a link to somewhere or resource from where you got this?

Francis is no fan of the beauty and awe of the Latin Mass.

The Pope's liturgical style is so simplistic and plain that I'm not sure he understands or appreciates beauty in the liturgy and its' purpose. The whole idea is for the "trappings" to raise one's mind and soul towards God and remove us from the ordinary and mundane - a vertical movement. From my perspective Feancis is more focused on the horizontal worldly element.

MDA
(12-28-2013, 09:34 PM)DustinsDad Wrote:
Quote:I would be thinking that if Pope Francis was an enemy of the Latin Mass then he would go after the FSSP, Institution of Christ the King and Summorum Pontificum all together.

Only time will tell. These may be targeted down the road. For shutting down, for watering down or for some future "synthesis" with the new orientation. Watch and pray.
The FSSP accepts the NO[though inferior to the TLM]. They will be just fine.
(12-29-2013, 01:57 PM)JMartyr Wrote: The FSSP accepts the NO[though inferior to the TLM].

So did the FI. In fact, unlike the FSSP, they celebrated the NO. Didn't stop Rome from actively working to destroy them.
(12-28-2013, 07:22 PM)Jeanannemarie Wrote: I read about this in the wee hours this morning and was highly confused and disturbed.  Why has the Pope called himself Francis and shown such actions to these Franciscans?

Because he is a Jesuit!. Jesuits are the number one problem with the Roman Rite!!. Their entire order should be dismantled. Their useless and harmful!!. The Dominicans are the true defenders of the doctrine of the faith. As it was in Medieval Times.  Would love to see a Dominican Inquisition held against the heretical Jesuits