FI update: now closing Marian Shrines
We need to go back to Thomism!
Has dreadful reminders of this story from 2008. But in the FFI case they do say both forms, from what I have read. My guess is that the TLM is an Italian treat!. Italian clergy (60s-70s crowd) want to be crypto Lutherans.

Italian pastors removed for insisting on traditional liturgy

Rome, Jun. 9, 2008 (CWNews.com) - Bishop Renato Corti of Novara, Italy, has formally removed three pastors who were suspended last year because they insisted on celebrating only the traditional Latin Mass.

Fathers Alberto Secci, Stefano Coggiola, and Marco Pizzochi, who have been under suspension since last fall, have now been replaced in their parish assignments. The three priests were disciplined by their bishops for refusing to celebrate the Novus Ordo Mass.

The suspensions had drawn different reactions from the priests' parishioners. In Father Secci's parish, 600 people signed a petition saying that they would attend Mass only if it was celebrated in the extraordinary form. Father Coggiola's parishioners were reportedly divided, with some supporting their pastor and others praising the bishop for taking disciplinary action against him.
(12-30-2013, 01:08 AM)bkovacs Wrote: The Dominicans are the true defenders of the doctrine of the faith. As it was in Medieval Times.  Would love to see a Dominican Inquisition held against the heretical Jesuits

Yeah, sure. Have you ever heard of Fr John O'Connor, OP (at least he was for most of his life)? Persecuted, hounded and finally dismissed from the Order, stripped of his pension rights, for the 'crime' of being a good, holy and orthodox Catholic Priest. I was privileged to know him. Don't tell me that the modern Dominicans are 'the true defenders of the doctrine of the faith'!

Priest remembered as an early whistleblower, by Matt C. Abbott: http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/abbott/061214

The Many Faces of Cardinal Bernardin, by E. Michael Jones: http://www.culturewars.com/CultureWars/A...ardin.html

(12-30-2013, 03:59 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(12-30-2013, 01:08 AM)bkovacs Wrote: The Dominicans are the true defenders of the doctrine of the faith. As it was in Medieval Times.  Would love to see a Dominican Inquisition held against the heretical Jesuits

Yeah, sure. Have you ever heard of Fr John O'Connor, OP (at least he was for most of his life)? Persecuted, hounded and finally dismissed from the Order, stripped of his pension rights, for the 'crime' of being a good, holy and orthodox Catholic Priest. I was privileged to know him. Don't tell me that the modern Dominicans are 'the true defenders of the doctrine of the faith'!

Priest remembered as an early whistleblower, by Matt C. Abbott: http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/abbott/061214

The Many Faces of Cardinal Bernardin, by E. Michael Jones: http://www.culturewars.com/CultureWars/A...ardin.html

Never read about Fr O'Connor till now. Well he was one of the better Dominicans. Blame the rest on the post Vatican II mentality. 
(12-30-2013, 01:08 AM)bkovacs Wrote:
(12-28-2013, 07:22 PM)Jeanannemarie Wrote: I read about this in the wee hours this morning and was highly confused and disturbed.  Why has the Pope called himself Francis and shown such actions to these Franciscans?

Because he is a Jesuit!. Jesuits are the number one problem with the Roman Rite!!. Their entire order should be dismantled. Their useless and harmful!!. The Dominicans are the true defenders of the doctrine of the faith. As it was in Medieval Times.  Would love to see a Dominican Inquisition held against the heretical Jesuits
Dude you really are not aware of what the Dominicans are up to nowadays.

The entire Dutch chapter has publicly and manifestly denied the necessity of the priesthood and called for laypeople to "celebrate the Eucharist". The only reaction from the general house in Rome was a statement saying that they were "surprised".
The Dominicans also forced the Fraternity of St. Vincent Ferrer to change their habit so that nobody might mistake them for Dominicans, because (the horror!) they use the traditional Dominican Rite.
(12-30-2013, 07:21 AM)Freudentaumel Wrote:
(12-28-2013, 07:22 PM)Jeanannemarie Wrote: I read about this in the wee hours this morning and was highly confused and disturbed.  Why has the Pope called himself Francis and shown such actions to these Franciscans?

Because he is a Jesuit!. Jesuits are the number one problem with the Roman Rite!!. Their entire order should be dismantled. Their useless and harmful!!. The Dominicans are the true defenders of the doctrine of the faith. As it was in Medieval Times.  Would love to see a Dominican Inquisition held against the heretical Jesuits

The entire Dutch chapter has publicly and manifestly denied the necessity of the priesthood and called for laypeople to "celebrate the Eucharist". The only reaction from the general house in Rome was a statement saying that they were "surprised".
The Dominicans also forced the Fraternity of St. Vincent Ferrer to change their habit so that nobody might mistake them for Dominicans, because (the horror!) they use the traditional Dominican Rite.

Do you know anything about the Dominicans in the Western United States?

I believe it is the Saint Joseph Chapter if I am not mistaken.

I am asking because I have discerned joining the Dominicans here in the west.
The Dominicans in the eastern US province are traditional and flush with vocations FYI.
(12-30-2013, 08:52 PM)ArturoOrtiz Wrote:
(12-30-2013, 07:21 AM)Freudentaumel Wrote:

Do you know anything about the Dominicans in the Western United States?

I believe it is the Saint Joseph Chapter if I am not mistaken.

I am asking because I have discerned joining the Dominicans here in the west.

I know that the Western Province are solid promoters of the Confraternity of the Rosary. In fact, my membership is through them.