What If?
(12-29-2013, 09:35 AM)Geographer Wrote: I would like to pose the question to the posters here: What if the TLM was abrogated? Prior to this pontificate, I didn't think this was possible. But after hearing the news of the persecution of the FFI, I am not so sure at this point. Every time I log onto a Traditional Catholic site, I ask myself: "Will I read news that another shoe has dropped"? As for myself, I would probably attend the local SSPX chapel. I would also feel angry and hurt. I pray everyday that this doesn't happen, but I feel insecure as a Traditionalist under this pope.

If the TLM was abrogated, I would begin regularly attending a Byzantine parish. Than after about a year I would put in for a change of Rite. Roman to Byzantine, without hesitation. Even with the TLM here I am still pondering the option. I've been getting very upset at all the anti-traditionalism in the Rome Rite lately, since this new Pontificate. Options are a good thing. When you have no options, than it's real bad.   
(12-29-2013, 09:35 AM)Geographer Wrote: I would like to pose the question to the posters here: What if the TLM was abrogated? Prior to this pontificate, I didn't think this was possible. But after hearing the news of the persecution of the FFI, I am not so sure at this point. Every time I log onto a Traditional Catholic site, I ask myself: "Will I read news that another shoe has dropped"? As for myself, I would probably attend the local SSPX chapel. I would also feel angry and hurt. I pray everyday that this doesn't happen, but I feel insecure as a Traditionalist under this pope.
In Paix Liturgique there is an article in their Spanish section which explains why this is unlikely. Here is a rough translation.

Your Eminence, Cardinal Dario Castrillon Hoyos, during a pilgrimage to Rome Summorum Pontificum Coetus Internationalis under the Year of Faith His Holiness Pope Francisco runs a cordial greeting, wishing that participation in the pious path near the tombs of the apostles, arouse fervent adherence to Christ, celebrated in the Eucharist and in the public worship of the Church, and seek a renewed impetus to the evangelical witness.

The Sovereign Pontiff, invoking the gifts of the Holy Spirit and the maternal protection of the Mother of God, taught, at heart, the implored Apostolic Blessing propitiatory peace and spiritual fervor, your Eminence, prelates, priests and all the faithful present in this holy celebration.

The blessing of the Holy Father was read during the Mass celebrated by Msgr Pozzo, secretary of the Commission Ecclesia Dei, in St. Peter's Basilica on Saturday 26 October. These lines, signed by the new Secretary of State, Monsignor Parolin, constituted a vibrant eco homily Cardinal, former chairman of the committee, and that title, principal architect of Summorum Pontificum Motu Proprio issued by Pope Benedict XVI on 7 July 2007.

The cardinal, in his homily, addressing the Sovereign Pontiff use the "we" that was not majestic but collective-His Eminence was considered at that time as a simple member of the People Summorum Pontificum-said, in effect, that "we are not alone Holy Father, we are with the centuries of the Church and the legions of saints and martyrs. " A strong message that touched the hearts of the pilgrims.

http://es.paix-liturgique.org/?force=1
(12-30-2013, 01:22 AM)Poche Wrote:
In Paix Liturgique there is an article in their Spanish section which explains why this is unlikely. Here is a rough translation.

Your Eminence, Cardinal Dario Castrillon Hoyos, during a pilgrimage to Rome Summorum Pontificum Coetus Internationalis under the Year of Faith His Holiness Pope Francisco runs a cordial greeting, wishing that participation in the pious path near the tombs of the apostles, arouse fervent adherence to Christ, celebrated in the Eucharist and in the public worship of the Church, and seek a renewed impetus to the evangelical witness.

The Sovereign Pontiff, invoking the gifts of the Holy Spirit and the maternal protection of the Mother of God, taught, at heart, the implored Apostolic Blessing propitiatory peace and spiritual fervor, your Eminence, prelates, priests and all the faithful present in this holy celebration.

The blessing of the Holy Father was read during the Mass celebrated by Msgr Pozzo, secretary of the Commission Ecclesia Dei, in St. Peter's Basilica on Saturday 26 October. These lines, signed by the new Secretary of State, Monsignor Parolin, constituted a vibrant eco homily Cardinal, former chairman of the committee, and that title, principal architect of Summorum Pontificum Motu Proprio issued by Pope Benedict XVI on 7 July 2007.

The cardinal, in his homily, addressing the Sovereign Pontiff use the "we" that was not majestic but collective-His Eminence was considered at that time as a simple member of the People Summorum Pontificum-said, in effect, that "we are not alone Holy Father, we are with the centuries of the Church and the legions of saints and martyrs. " A strong message that touched the hearts of the pilgrims.

http://es.paix-liturgique.org/?force=1

Thanks.
As I read through the comments, why do I get the impression that Jesus Christ is no longer in charge here?  His words about His Church and  our salvation mean nothing anymore?
(12-30-2013, 01:51 AM)Vincentius Wrote: As I read through the comments, why do I get the impression that Jesus Christ is no longer in charge here?  His words about His Church and  our salvation mean nothing anymore?

His Church isn't only the Latin rite. And yes he does care about your salvation!!.
(12-30-2013, 01:51 AM)Vincentius Wrote: As I read through the comments, why do I get the impression that Jesus Christ is no longer in charge here?  His words about His Church and  our salvation mean nothing anymore?

If someone denies that the pope has no relationship with God because certain conditions aren't met, or because he's doing or not doing certain things, wouldn't that make him a sedevacantist?
If His words don't mean anything then he is a liar.
(12-30-2013, 02:53 AM)dark lancer Wrote:

If someone denies that the pope has no relationship with God because certain conditions aren't met, or because he's doing or not doing certain things, wouldn't that make him a sedevacantist?
He could be a Protestant.
(12-30-2013, 03:07 AM)Poche Wrote:
(12-30-2013, 02:53 AM)dark lancer Wrote:

He could be a Protestant.

That's true too.
(12-30-2013, 02:48 AM)bkovacs Wrote:

His Church isn't only the Latin rite. And yes he does care about your salvation!!.

I am speaking of the Roman Rite which has many here worried "What if."  His Church is universal.  We take His words at face value, "teach ye all nations; baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.  Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and behold I am with you all days, even to the consummation of the world."  By implying that Christ is no longer "in charge" I meant who are we to tell Him what to do?  That is the business of the Holy Ghost, not ours.  If things are what they are (as it seems to many) we are giving up hope.  Let us not be confounded but hope in the Lord.  Maybe this is one of those "deus ex machina"?