Face Readings
Has any person here been to a herbalist that reads faces for body ailments, illness,etc. After researching it, I am having some misgivings about going since it is tied into eastern religion. Scrupulous or should I be concerned?
I have mixed feelings about it.  There is much scientific merit to herbal medicine - so much so, I am studying it myself.  :)  NOT the eastern medicine stuff - just the chemistry behind the herbs and proper applications.  I would certainly stay far away from the chakras and all that other New Age stuff. 

A good friend of mine went to an iridologist who correctly identified all health issues with her husband and herself by looking at there irises. 

And just for kicks, there was a Chinese medicine woman giving free pulse and tongue examinations at an all natural food store near us.  I happen to have a heart that constantly stops beating several times a minute, and a tongue that is ...well, lets just say it is not pretty.  I watched her interact with other people - seemed cheerful, friendly and very professional - so thought I would give it a try.  Her demeanor completely changed when she gave me my examination though, and seemed extremely concerned.  Apparently the tongue is a mirror of your digestive tract and between the sporatic heartbeat and funky tongue, I think she thought I was dying.  Which I very well may be.  (I have a precancerous colon and have ever since I was 26 and have very disturbing symptoms but no insurance.) 

I know several people who have had RA reversed, cancer cured, etc by avoiding the normal medical treatments and using herbs instead (under the care of a knowledgeable herbalist of course). So there are more 'mainsteam' people who practice herbal medicine without the New Age stuff.

Hope this helps!

Cassandra
(12-29-2013, 01:46 PM)JMartyr Wrote: Has any person here been to a herbalist that reads faces for body ailments, illness,etc. After researching it, I am having some misgivings about going since it is tied into eastern religion. Scrupulous or should I be concerned?
I would not use those people for much more than a head cold.
(12-29-2013, 01:46 PM)JMartyr Wrote: Has any person here been to a herbalist that reads faces for body ailments, illness,etc. After researching it, I am having some misgivings about going since it is tied into eastern religion. Scrupulous or should I be concerned?

I've never done anything like that -- and would be very wary if it were tied into Eastern religions.  Using herbs, though, in a scientific manner makes good sense to me (emphasis on the word "scientific").

Ever read any account by folks who are into the "uncoiling Kundalini" that sits at the base of the spine? Some really CREEPY stuff.  I will try to find some accounts and post them here, and post them here if I find any "good" ones...

Some Kundalini stuff:

Overview: http://www.kundalini-gateway.org/warn.html
  Signs:  http://www.kundalini-gateway.org/ksigns.html
  Some folks' experiences:  http://www.kundalini-gateway.org/awaken/index.html
  More experiences: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=22
  And more: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=57

Really creepy, strange, and very interesting stuff. There seems to be something very demonic about much of it.

Protestant production, but necessary info...

ETA: Part 3:

The Charismatic/Evangelical/Protestant milieu is being POSSESSED by demons...

And the Catholic "ecumenical" movement doing business with them is in dire straights due to this, aside from its endemic status as pasture pucks.
Part 3 @ ~2:49: Yeah, dude... sounds like Hell because it's demons possessing souls.

I'll keep the TLM, thank you.
@ ~5:06 part 3: "Can anyone please tell me the difference between this and outright paganism?" No; because it is. It is outright paganism because it's the worship of gods (demons), rather than God: "[5] For all the gods of the Gentiles are devils: but the Lord made the heavens." - Ps 95:5

They do not believe in the Real Presence of Christ in the Blessed Sacrament, and thus,
Quote: "'I believe in my heart and openly profess that the bread and wine placed upon the altar are, by the mystery of the sacred prayer and the words of the Redeemer, substantially changed into the true and life-giving flesh and blood of Jesus Christ our Lord, and that after the consecration, there is present the true body of Christ which was born of the Virgin and offered up for the salvation of the world, hung on the cross and now sits at the right hand of the Father, and that there is present the true blood of Christ which flowed from his side. They are present not only by means of a sign and of the efficacy of the Sacrament, but also in the very reality and truth of their nature and substance.' [i]Those who believe the foregoing are truly Christian and truly Catholic. No one else is.[/i]"
- Fr. John A Hardon, S.J., Catechism of the Real Presence #93.