NCRegister attacking Trads
I had a response to his piece, I don't know if I should post it.  :Hmm:

Me Wrote:Father Longenecker,

Could you please explain, what is so evil about Traditionalists who wish to stick with what has been for centuries, instead of embracing the novelties that came after the Second Vatican Council and has led to the mass confusion and apostasy in the Church?

I find it interesting you completely ignore His Holiness's words in Evangelii Gaudium refering to his views on the papacy in which HH writes:

"It is not advisable for the Pope to take the place of local Bishops in the discernment of every issue which arises in their territory. In this sense, I am conscious of the need to promote a sound “decentralization”."

Do you think given the recent schismatic act on the part of the Catholic Church in Germany, what we need more in Holy Mother Church is more or less decentralization?

Do we honestly believe given the rejection of Pope Paul VI's encyclical Humanae Vitae by the Canadian bishops, the troublesome USCCB's NAB that needing many revisions, the complete and utter disregard for enforcing Canon Law 915 and now a full-blown rejection of the Church and schismatic act on part of the German Bishops.....that we honestly what we need now, is less of a monarchical pope and more democracy among the wayward bishops?

Honestly can you Father in good conscience say that with everything that has happened in the last 50 years, the biggest problems are those who want to get off this self-destructive path of novelty within the Liturgy and a water-downess of the Faith that wants to call those who pray the Rosary "neo-pelagians" and embrace something that the Church has offered for centuries as self-absorb?

Fr. Longenecker, as a traditionalist, I should point you to Summorum Pontificum. This give us Catholics every right to demand the Mass that was stolen from us, because nowhere was the Tridentine Mass last revised by Pope John XXIII ever abolished.

"...moreover, respect must everywhere be shown for the feelings of all those who are attached to the Latin liturgical tradition, by a wide and generous application of the directives already issued some time ago by the Apostolic See for the use of the Roman Missal according to the typical edition of 1962."

These were the words of Bl. Pope John Paul II. Did not came from an SSPX or one of those promethian popes we tend to want to read,

Fr. Longenecker, no "traddie" seeks to change dogma (unless you believe Vatican II is a "super-dogma" something Pope-Emeritus Benedict XVI would sternly correct you on) all we wish is to have the Mass that was never abrogated and to be free to celebrate it without persecution from many bishops. All we wish is the authentic Teaching of the Church as it has been for millennia and not decades.

Father, you should not be quick to dismiss "traddies" as many traddies are young men and women like myself, because we are tired of the Kumbiya-ness of the previous generation, that has sowed so much destruction in the world in such a short span of time.

We want the Truth, not a water-down version of it, that wants to teach "We have a reasonable hope that all people are in Heaven" when anyone with reading ability can pick up Scripture and read the exact opposite of what our Lord spoke.

I pray that one day us promethian, neo-pelegianians will be able to finally live out our lives in peace, without a bunch of sour-puss, wild-eyed, Vatican-II obsessed, Pharisaical, "neo-Montanists" and "neo-Iconoclasts" doing everything under the sun to persecute us...cause we would like to walk into a Church that doesn't look like a protestant church or worse some stadium "rock-band" mega-church...we are sorry that our likeness for Rosaries and statues are such a big problem for you neo-Iconoclasts. We're sorry that we don't want to ignore Pope-Emeritus Benedict XVI's words regarding people view Vatican II as a "super-dogma"

Sorry we annoy you so much, because all we want to do is live the Faith.

Messages In This Thread
NCRegister attacking Trads - by austenbosten - 01-12-2014, 11:13 AM
Re: NCRegister attacking Trads - by austenbosten - 01-12-2014, 11:15 AM
Re: NCRegister attacking Trads - by Tim - 01-12-2014, 11:35 AM
Re: NCRegister attacking Trads - by Tenmaru - 01-12-2014, 11:45 AM
Re: NCRegister attacking Trads - by austenbosten - 01-12-2014, 11:54 AM
Re: NCRegister attacking Trads - by Miriam_M - 01-12-2014, 12:25 PM
Re: NCRegister attacking Trads - by seanipie - 01-12-2014, 12:33 PM
Re: NCRegister attacking Trads - by Freudentaumel - 01-12-2014, 12:53 PM
Re: NCRegister attacking Trads - by Tenmaru - 01-12-2014, 12:57 PM
Re: NCRegister attacking Trads - by Miriam_M - 01-12-2014, 01:06 PM
Re: NCRegister attacking Trads - by Tenmaru - 01-12-2014, 01:37 PM