John Zmirak: The Shame of the Catholic Subculture
I disagree with this "we need peasants" stuff. There's no going back, barring a civilization destroying war (which some of you are doubtless praying for - and that's sick in itself). The truth of Christ engaged the greatest minds among men and women for over 2,000 years - it can make do with our present systems of knowledge. This is why V2 was so necessary and why "traditionalism" as it is commonly understood is dead in the water. It's a shame V2 came along so late in the day (addressing Modernism on the cusp of Late Modernity when it really didn't matter) and has been implemented in such a slapdash way. Priests and parishioners and religious need to be MORE educated about their faith. Yes it's all well and good to talk about the simple piety of homegrown saints and that was fine in the context of largely homogenous Christian cultures. But that isn't the world we live in any more. And that's a good thing. If the Church can't face the 21st century and thrive (more than thrive, achieve ever closer union with her Spouse) then she isn't the Bride of Christ.

Re "gay" marriage etc... more of the same, tilting at windmills.
This where we disagree, the NWO, of the brave new world is dead in the water. There will not be a future with all the folks educated and doing techy stuff. We will return to system where there are many classes and the educated will be few in comparison. Certainly it won't be like the industrial revolution again, but there will be industry to support the many mouths of the working classes.  The mistake is thinking everyone can become educated. There are always bright minds doing great things and they are of necessity few, a teeny weeny minority. The mistake is considering folks like teachers, pharmacists, x-ray technicians as educated. They are trades men and merchants. We see the system falling in on it's self and it's complete failure is nigh.Most of those jobs can be on the job training. They are peasants but have been conned into believing they are elites. Hahaha

tim
(02-01-2014, 03:57 PM)Crusading Philologist Wrote:
(02-01-2014, 03:36 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:
(02-01-2014, 03:34 PM)Crusading Philologist Wrote: It's funny that this piece was written by a dissenter like Zmirak. Notice that he includes "fans of John Courtney Murray" in the "orthodox Catholic market."  :LOL:

What do you mean dissenter? Enlighten me, because I wasn't familiar with him until two days ago.

Well, I'm not sure that you'll agree, but I was referring to his endorsement of the principle of separation of church and state and also his support for laissez-faire capitalism and more general rejection of Catholic social teaching on economic issues. I often get the impression that he believes that mainstream American conservatism is the only viable political option for Catholics. However, I suppose he is not entirely wrong here.

I don't agree with any of that except for the separation of church and state. I only heard him on Al Kresta's show once, and read this article. He does not at all seem like a political conservative to me. I don't believe mainstream American conservatism is the only viable political option for Catholics. Not at all.
(02-01-2014, 05:16 PM)Tim Wrote: I Concerning the pill, strictly speaking, it needs to be taught in a way people can understand, and that's what he said. Few understand natural law but Libertarians.

Whether a republic can or can not work is your opinion and is not necessary for salvation.

tim

Amen, Tim! Amen.
(02-02-2014, 06:23 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:   As an aside, I hope that folks won't muddy up this thread with other writings from Zmirak, along the lines of "Well, he wrote Y, so you can forget this essay." All that sort of thing amounts to an ad hominem attack, so is fallacious if it's trying to make the point that what he writes in this essay is wrong. Most folks do good and do bad both. To throw out a person's work because he believes something unorthodox is to miss a lot of interesting and potentially important stuff out there in the world -- in this case, stuff that could be helping us teach folks why contraception is wrong. Plus it looks like gang-banging to me -- reflective of a "he's one of THEM" type thinking that does nothing to decrease hostilities and get people talking.

Thanks Vox. Like I said, I can only go on this one article and what I heard on the radio the other day. I don't agree with everything he said, but much of it made sense to me. He said let's find a different way of teaching WHY contraception wrong. That's not being a dissenter. I agree with him there.
(02-03-2014, 11:28 AM)Tim Wrote: The mistake is considering folks like teachers, pharmacists, x-ray technicians as educated. They are trades men and merchants. We see the system falling in on it's self and it's complete failure is nigh.Most of those jobs can be on the job training. They are peasants but have been conned into believing they are elites. Hahaha

tim

Very well stated.  The education bubble will be the next to burst (and it's high time).

For anyone who has not read John Taylor Gatto on the subject of American Education, I suggest you do, it is an quite eye-opener  (free to read on line):  http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/chapters/

Zmirak, Michael Matt's latest Remnant video, and the latest audiosancto audio seemed to be inspiring things to hear lately.  Perhaps Traditionalists are becoming inclined to notice the filth in their ranks? 

Meh. 

Sedevacantism 7: Those Who Panic
http://thehirschfiles.blogspot.com/2014/...panic.html