walking "The Way"
Has anyone here done this or know someone who has? I definitely want this to be my life's great pilgrimage. I think I can gain some serious strength spiritually, emotionally, and physically on this trek. I would love to hear stories or experiences from anyone that has friends/family and or themselves that have gone The Way of St. James. Info on cost, equipment etc. would be nice to know too (from people that have done it).

I know they have pilgrim's guides on Amazon but I just want to hear from someone (personally) on this. With Lent coming up and pondering on spiritual things and the life of a Christian this came to my mind and is my future dreams to fulfill it.

Thanks all,
Stm
While not "The Way", you can do this now, in your own location. The Stations of the Cross, for example, were originally the actual locations and path which marked Our Lord Passion. But, not everyone could just up and go to Jerusalem.

Figure out your own local "Way", and do that as your state in life allows. I'm certain you will find benefit in it.
This is a good place for very detailed information from people who have walked it: http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/
Here's a video which may help

thanks guys!  :)
(02-12-2014, 07:53 PM)Gabriel Serafin Wrote: Here's a video which may help

Wonderful thread, link, thanks.
It is quite a trek.  I had a professor who did it every year -on bike.
(02-13-2014, 09:46 AM)Fontevrault Wrote: It is quite a trek.  I had a professor who did it every year -on bike.
Not the same thing to do it on a bike---but better than doing it on a golf cart.