If you don’t feel in need of God’s mercy don’t go to Mass, says Pope
I've heard it said that giving all his ad hoc teachings in Italian are a stupid idea because his fluency is in Spanish. He also does not understand Roman idioms. While this is not an excuse, it's certainly interesting to think about the consequences. The man needs to speak his native language to be clear... but then again, perhaps he's using a language in whose command he is mediocre in order to speak abstractly and vaguely. He seems to like doing that, for ex. Evangelii Gaudium.

As for this particular speech, it's badly worded as usual. We all know what he means, but either his way of saying it or the translation are just terrible. He is referring to those with no belief in anything, and telling them not to go to Mass; after all, even the ancient pagans believed they had sin, and were in need of help.

(I was going to say "imagine the Jesuits of old being so imprecise!", but then I realized that they'd probably be even more casuistic.  :LOL: )

Messages In This Thread
Re: If you don’t feel in need of God’s mercy don’t go to Mass, says Pope - by Heorot - 02-13-2014, 11:08 AM