People Can Be So Nice

I'm putting this here in "Catholic Culture" because little things like this, done in the Name of Jesus, go real far. Prepare to get a tear if you're the emotional type:

How about this: random acts of kindness where the receiver only knows that it was done by a Catholic.
(02-13-2014, 10:45 PM)dark lancer Wrote: How about this: random acts of kindness where the receiver only knows that it was done by a Catholic.

Heck yeah! I started a thread asking folks to perform some random acts of kindness anonymously aside from making it known that the act was done in the Name of Jesus, and then to report back on what they did, what the reactions were, etc. The thread went nowhere, alas. But I'd love it if folks were to do that.

Some people said it felt like bragging, but most of us are anonymous here, so bragging's got nothing to do with it -- and the point is to share the JOY and give folks ideas of things to do, etc. (for that matter, folks could email their acts and I could post them without mentioning their names, if that'd help!)

I loved the idea of that thread. Wish it'd had taken off... That's precisely the sort of thing I want to see more Catholics doing, along with evangelizing. Actually, I'd say that doing such things IS evangelizing in the best way.

I'd love it if more Fishies lived in my area, and I had a big enough house (with a kitchen, of course) to have informal, hopefully fun meetings where we could gather and, after socializing some, go out and do stuff like this together. Form a Fishy Fishing Group designed to show folks what Jesus is like by showing them even just a tiny bit of His love through us humans. And handing out tracts even, praying with people, singling out a family in need and organizing a plan to help them in the Name of Jesus, and all sorts of good things like that. Sigh!

(02-14-2014, 01:33 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: I'd love it if more Fishies lived in my area, and I had a big enough house (with a kitchen, of course) to have informal, hopefully fun meetings where we could gather and, after socializing some, go out and do stuff like this together. Form a Fishy Fishing Group designed to show folks what Jesus is like by showing them even just a tiny bit of His love through us humans. And handing out tracts even, praying with people, singling out a family in need and organizing a plan to help them in the Name of Jesus, and all sorts of good things like that. Sigh!

Convert your neighborhood, then give them your FE business cards.
(02-14-2014, 01:43 AM)dark lancer Wrote:
(02-14-2014, 01:33 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: I'd love it if more Fishies lived in my area, and I had a big enough house (with a kitchen, of course) to have informal, hopefully fun meetings where we could gather and, after socializing some, go out and do stuff like this together. Form a Fishy Fishing Group designed to show folks what Jesus is like by showing them even just a tiny bit of His love through us humans. And handing out tracts even, praying with people, singling out a family in need and organizing a plan to help them in the Name of Jesus, and all sorts of good things like that. Sigh!

Convert your neighborhood, then give them your FE business cards.

You know, you're right that I should be doing more in my neighborhood. My neighborhood's a tricky one, and sort of dangerous, actually, but I could think of something. I will be putting my mind to this, dark lancer...