It's Septuagesima
What are you planning for Lent?

I need to think about it.
Planning on ascending an isolated mountain alone and living off rainwater and two loaves of bread for 40 days...

Or, perhaps more moderately, to learn to love God and rejoice in His mercy, rather than take pity upon myself... so, let's say, pray Psalm 117 or Psalm 50 each day, not just Sundays & Fridays.

Depressive and anxious people need different penances from, say, people who are too prone to ebullience and sanguinity.
Follow the Church Fathers Lenten Reading Plan

Link HERE

and perhaps give up meat, but that is debatable. I'm open for other suggestions, since much of my Lent last year was destroyed by a horrid virus that consumed me over a month! :)
If I may make a suggestion, maybe as part of your Lenton plan have your spiritual director choose a book for you too read.
(02-16-2014, 07:19 PM)CatholicSteve21 Wrote: If I may make a suggestion, maybe as part of your Lenton plan have your spiritual director choose a book for you too read.

That's an excellent idea. I wish I had a spiritual director! I was thinking of reading The Spiritual Combat, I've read bits and pieces but was thinking of reading the whole thing.
(02-16-2014, 07:00 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Follow the Church Fathers Lenten Reading Plan

Link HERE

and perhaps give up meat, but that is debatable. I'm open for other suggestions, since much of my Lent last year was destroyed by a horrid virus that consumed me over a month! :)

This sounds great, where do I get all this content?
[Image: tumblr_my7xu9ueSf1ras7ljo1_500.jpg]
(02-16-2014, 09:24 PM)IXOYE Wrote:
(02-16-2014, 07:00 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Follow the Church Fathers Lenten Reading Plan

Link HERE

This sounds great, where do I get all this content?

If you scroll down to where it says The Writings you will a .pdf of all the Readings. :)
It caught me by surprise!  I knew we were scheduled to have a visiting priest today, and then suddenly the procession starts and I see not just 1 but 3 priests in purple vestments coming in for a Solemn High Mass.  It was beautiful. I was in line for confession, so I guess that's how I kicked off the countdown to Lent.

I plan on finishing St. Teresa of Avila's "The Way of Perfection" and then moving on to "Abandonment to Divine Providence" by Fr. Caussade.  I also need to pray for the conversion of friends and family.

Link HERE

That sounds like quite a penance! The virus, I mean. The reading list sounds great. I'll have to try it out next year.