National Catholic Register Deletes Article Urging Pope to Reconcile With SSPX
(02-26-2014, 05:02 PM)Oatmeal Wrote: This came today in an email from ChurchMilitant.TV:

And done't miss our radio show on the internet, Mic'D Up - TONIGHT Wednesday 26th February at 8PM Eastern - when (as well as talking about the Girl Scouts and Planned Parenthood) we will have Patrick Archibold talking about the SSPX and his recent article!

Thanks, oatmeal! Im looking forward to tuning in.
(02-26-2014, 06:13 PM)FaithandLove Wrote:
(02-26-2014, 05:02 PM)Oatmeal Wrote: This came today in an email from ChurchMilitant.TV:

And done't miss our radio show on the internet, Mic'D Up - TONIGHT Wednesday 26th February at 8PM Eastern - when (as well as talking about the Girl Scouts and Planned Parenthood) we will have Patrick Archibold talking about the SSPX and his recent article!

Thanks, oatmeal! Im looking forward to tuning in.

Yeah thanks! I think I will tune in too. I'm a fan of Creative Minority & the Archbold brothers, so I'm curious to see his response.
Link for the show, please?
(02-26-2014, 07:28 PM)FaithandLove Wrote: Link for the show, please?

http://new.livestream.com/churchmilitant...ts/2797527
(02-26-2014, 12:22 AM)ThomasTheDoubter Wrote: I can't understand why Neo-Catholics hate traditional Catholicism so much. They're always firing accusations of schism, anti-Semitism or something else. Suggest that there is something wrong with communion in the hand and they get very upset.

The reason is that there's a war on.

"The Devil is in the mood for a final battle..." - Sr. Lucy

Sometimes even good people are on the wrong side.
To answer previous posters:

The reason Communion In The Hand (CITH) is to be abhorred is this:

If the Host is Christ Himself, then how do Catholics, as a body, benefit spiritually from changing from Communion On The Tongue (COTT), to CITH?

The answer is, we don't. It's simply a bizarre change to make, in the context of a sacred rite.

COTT is an act of humility and reverence. Changing to standing and in the hand sends a clear message: Either we think the Host is less holy than previously or we, as a people, are now more so, so we can handle it.

The arguments about discipline, interior versus exterior reverence and the 'historicality' of CITH are merely diversions from the core issue: some people badly want to de-sacralise the Mass and de-hierarchialise the Church. At the root of this movement is pride.
A post from the author of the article regarding it being taken down. From http://www.creativeminorityreport.com/20...mment-form

Quote:Let me be very clear. The last thing I want to be is the cause of any damage to the National Catholic Register. I have been honored to write for them these past years and to be involved in the incredible growth of their web presence. They do good and necessary work on behalf of Christ.

While I admit that I was unhappy about what happened to my post the other day, I don't believe for a second that it was malicious or that it is in any way an indicator of tradition unfriendliness at the Register.

My editor had second thoughts about the piece after giving me the go ahead, but the communication was bungled.

The whole episode is embarrassing to everyone involved. My editor is a good man and a good friend. While I didn't share his concerns, he is responsible for what goes up and not me.

Everyone is regretful about how the situation played out. I know first hand that the folks at the Register are not unfriendly to traditional Catholics and they have allowed me to publish tradition-friendly posts before, posts you would not likely find in any other mainstream Catholic publication.

So nobody should think that because of this one unfortunate incident, the Register is unfriendly or unsympathetic to issues of concern to traditional Catholics.

So if my opinion carries any weight, please let this unfortunate incident go and move on.
(02-26-2014, 12:25 AM)loggats Wrote:
(02-26-2014, 12:22 AM)ThomasTheDoubter Wrote: I can't understand why Neo-Catholics hate traditional Catholicism so much. They're always firing accusations of schism, anti-Semitism or something else. Suggest that there is something wrong with communion in the hand and they get very upset.

Probably because there's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH IT! Gah! There's something wrong when a Catholic denies the True Presence. There is nothing wrong with a Catholic receiving in the hand standing up, saying "Amen," and consuming the host.
Forgive me if my sarcasm meter has run low, but are you serious???!!!
(02-28-2014, 03:18 PM)Old Salt Wrote:

Probably because there's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH IT! Gah! There's something wrong when a Catholic denies the True Presence. There is nothing wrong with a Catholic receiving in the hand standing up, saying "Amen," and consuming the host.

Your meter is spot on.

Cardinal Arinze gets it right.

(02-28-2014, 05:10 PM)PompousMaximus Wrote:
(02-28-2014, 03:18 PM)Old Salt Wrote:

Your meter is spot on.

Cardinal Arinze gets it right.

Just because the Church has given an indult for this practice in many places, does not make it right.