The Experiences of Homosexual Trads
(02-27-2014, 01:01 PM)loggats Wrote: I believe that it is, while not essential to our being, a mediating factor in our participation in the world. I would go so far as to say that a SSA man has a different kind of love for Christ than a man who is not SSA.

Actually, I agree with you 100% here. It is not essential to our being, but in most of us it is so deeply ingrained that it is (for better or for worse) the mode by which we participate in the world, emotionally and spiritually. This is a good point of departure.

You are probably correct about the different sorts of love for Christ. I would never look at Christ in the same way a straight man would. Straight men with impurity problems have sometimes told me of temptations with regards to the Blessed Virgin. I know this as well, but with the Lord instead. Quite apart from struggles with impurity, however, there is deep a longing for His loving embrace which, perhaps, a heterosexual might not have: to receive His strength and to hear Him say "no, you are not disgusting and worthless in my sight; look, I mounted the Cross for your sake. What more of a sign do you need?"

Generally, images that are more calm and paternal appeal to me, and bring me to a much greater love of Christ than those images which are more "manly" in the sense of judgment, war, etc. - Look at these eyes, and see the compassion and love and mercy of the incarnate God, who disdains the honest plea of no sinner!

[Image: iconpantocrator.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Experiences of Homosexual Trads - by Heorot - 02-27-2014, 01:15 PM