The Experiences of Homosexual Trads
(03-01-2014, 03:39 AM)jhfromsf68 Wrote: Thank you for having this important discussion on the forum. As someone with ssa who's trying to be a faithful Catholic, the problem I have is sometimes I get resentful that I'm forced to live a chaste celibate life. For a priest or religious this vocation is self chosen after much thought and prayer. If during discernment they decide they don't have a vocation to be a priest or religious, they can find a opposite sex partner and fall in love and have sex and romantic companionship for the rest of their lives.  On the other hand the traditional Catholic homosexual who wants to be faithful to the Church and her teachings won't pursue being a priest or religious because they know it would be wrong and they probably wouldn't get married to an opposite sex partner because the lack of attraction or interest for the opposite sex and they also would not seek out a same sex partner because of the sinfulness that are involved in those relationships. That doesn't leave to many more options other than be a single chaste celibate lay person rather you want to be or not. Your vocation has already been chosen for you. And I don't think to many heterosexual Catholics really understand the issue because it doesn't affect them personally. They get to marry and have companionship and sex and romance. And there's where my resentment comes in. I try not to let it get to me and I try to remember that God has given me this wonderful gift of the Catholic faith and he has a special plan for my life. And sometimes I wonder if a chaste celibate life actually has its benefits in helping you get to heaven.

I truly understand

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Experiences of Homosexual Trads - by Ptochos - 03-01-2014, 12:07 PM