The Experiences of Homosexual Trads
(03-04-2014, 12:51 PM)Deidre Wrote:
(03-01-2014, 01:06 PM)A Catholic Thinker Wrote: The notion that there are people afflicted with "incurable" SSA who are not meant to marry but also consequently are not able to enter the priesthood (obviously we're talking about males here) can be pretty heart-rending - but in a worldly sense, really.  What I mean is that the silver lining that such people are made for the Lord and only for the Lord is such a beautiful thing that it bowls me over.  In a sense, such people are just like clergy in that they belong only the Lord, but unlike them they are also blessed with a severe cross... yes, blessed - when viewed as a blessing what a beautiful thing it is also.

Yes, such people are lost and miserable without the Lord - just like everyone without the Lord, sooner or later.

I'd be willing to be that some of the greatest unknown saints in history suffered from SSA.  I also know they would hate the modern homosexualist movement as much as I do.

This is an interesting point. It's definitely worth remembering that A) not all of us are able to serve God in the vocation that we would like, whether that is marriage, the priesthood, or religious life. And B) in the end, it's not really up to us. Don't get me wrong, embracing a particular vocation is always a free choice, but wanting a vocation, even wanting it very much, is no guarantee that it's God's will. And we're meant to serve God even when He doesn't give us what we want. I agree that crosses are blessings, but I think that it takes God's grace to see them with an eye on Heaven.
We do have to maintain an etrenal perspective here. The sufferings of this life are nothing in comparison to the reward that the blessed reap in eternity.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Experiences of Homosexual Trads - by Papist - 03-04-2014, 03:16 PM