The Catholic Church forbids circumcision for any reason!
(02-28-2014, 12:57 AM)Melkite Wrote: If you believe that Yahweh is God, then yes, yes he did.  He murdered the firstborn of the entire nation of Egypt in cold blood.  Do you really put child rape past him?

Calling God a murderer is blasphemy.  All life belongs to God and is created by God.  He can give, and He can take away.

(02-28-2014, 12:57 AM)Melkite Wrote: But God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.  If it was required to circumcise for religious reasons then, it can't possibly be a sin to circumcise for religious reasons now.

It is a sin to circumcise for religious reasons, hence the Church document quoted and also the many writings of St. Paul regarding circumcision.  However, God did tell His people to do this for a very long time, and He would not tell people to do something that was intrinsically bad.  It would be a sin today to say, slay an animal Old Testament style because you think this sacrifice will somehow pay for your sins.  This would deny the Sacrifice on Calvary.   What is sinful about it is that you'd be acting as if the Old Covenant is still salvific when it isn't, that is the error... You could not argue that it is sinful because it is wrong to kill an animal, however. 

(02-28-2014, 12:57 AM)Melkite Wrote: Well, I hope those fathers aren't missing any other body parts!  I mean, really.  I need to cut off a part of my son's body so that he will look like me?

Some people think that the child would feel bad about himself if he is different from his father.

(02-28-2014, 12:57 AM)Melkite Wrote: Imagine the illnesses that could be prevented by cutting off children's hands...

:cuckoo:

(02-28-2014, 12:57 AM)Melkite Wrote: Come on, man, use your brain for a minute.  There was no pain because you used a topical anesthetic?  The foreskin is the most densely innervated part of the human body.  If I were to cut off your lips or eyelids, and only gave you a topical anesthetic to ease the pain, you really think you wouldn't feel any?  That would be like going to have a cavity filled and only giving the patient some ambesol.

They also injected anesthetic, but he didn't feel the injection because of the topical.  He was less than a month old at the time so he would have let us know if it was painful.

Most people who are circumcised turn out fine.  I am sorry if you feel a grievance about your own circumcision.

(02-28-2014, 12:57 AM)Melkite Wrote: All proof that the god you worship is not a god at all.

[Image: pope_facepalm.jpg]

All right, I've had enough talking about penises for one day... next topic!

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Catholic Church forbids circumcision for any reason! - by Chestertonian - 02-28-2014, 01:35 AM