The Catholic Church forbids circumcision for any reason!
(02-28-2014, 03:16 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: Austenbosten, you can stop with your characterizing being against circumcision or seeing the circumcizing of male babies as an assault as some "goofy" idea.

When people stop with the over-the-top stigmatizing of parents as "evil" and making circumcised people feel like second-rate humans....I'll stop my crass characterization. However, putting circumcision on the same level as rape and murder, and is a mortal sin....is GOOFY and you don't have to be for or against circumcision to realize that.

Telling people they're going to Hell for getting a circumcision is absurd and is frankly on the same level of insanity as the Westboro Baptist crowd.

(02-28-2014, 03:16 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: You are not helping (and I doubt that some theoretical alien visiting from the Pleiades seeing how humans lop off parts of their male children's genitalia could see it as anything but odd, to say the least, and sexist if said theoretical alien were hip to such a concept, and, yes, barbaric if the alien were to see the routine lopping off of healthy body parts for no good medical reason as barbaric in se.)

Aliens? really? aliens??? 

(02-28-2014, 03:16 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: A question for Austenbosten:  if parents were to have a doctor strap down their 16 year old son, anesthetic being a 50-50 proposition, and lop off his foreskin, would you see that as OK? If not, then you're "ageist" against babies, know nothing about them, don't care about their feelings, wrongly don't think they have feelings, think that because they might not have conscious memory of the procedure later makes things OK, or -- something else I can't imagine. None of those reasons is OK by me, for what it's worth. The sort of thinking that, say, excuses circumcision because "eh, they won't remember it anyway" sounds like the sort of excuse pedophiles make in attempting to justify their abuse of infants. "Eh, the kid won't remember my having him lick my member, so -- so what?" Bullshit! One could say the same about a date-rape drug:  "eh, she won't remember, so it can't hurt her." Even if -- and that "if" is on its face a conditional and assumes that what isn't consciously remembered doesn't have an impact on someone's personality and fears and ways of dealing with life -- a victim doesn't remember, the evil done to such a victim-lacking-memory is still an evil.

Vox a question for you? Why must you seem to jump to the most absurd and ridiculous arguments and concluscions?

"ageist"? really?? is this MSNBC forum that I'm on? As for the traaaaaaumatizing act of circumcision. Unlike you, I went through it...so please stop it with your hyperbolic statements and scenarios and telling me what I'm supposed to feel from being circumcised.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Catholic Church forbids circumcision for any reason! - by austenbosten - 02-28-2014, 12:38 PM