The Catholic Church forbids circumcision for any reason!
(02-28-2014, 08:29 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Vox this argument is really getting childish and embarrassing. People who opt to get their child circumcised for reasons of health and therapeutic (and yes I'm well aware of the zealots anti-circ endless list of hyperlinks saying the contrary, so spare yourself the time) is a mortal sin punishable by Hell one of the is the most absurd and ridiculous statement ever.

As for the aliens thing I won't even waste my time.

For the last part. I'm not saying you do not have a voice, but don't come on here with your holier-than-thou attitude and start attacking circumcised people saying they have to feel a certain way, because you have your own little personal crusade. I was circumcised and the male members of my family were and so were my friends...none of them feel the same way you and Melikite do. So while I'm not denying some people feel like they were "abused" for being circumcised...coming on here and shouting at people saying they have to feel the same way you do, and agree with you.....isn't gonna fly for people who just are indifferent on this issue.

As another poster said earlier, you might want to take a step back from this.

Don't "come on here," to my own forum? Where have I attacked circumcised people (which would mean "attacking" almost all of the men in my family)? Where Have I said anyone has to "feel" a certain way? You're making things up now, Austen. You're engaging in calumny. Not on;y am I not "attacking" circumcised men, I am not "attacking" parents who wrongly circumcise their sons. I wrote:

Vox Wrote:By saying all that, I do NOT mean to imply that parents who have their sons circumcised are "ignorant" as in "stupid"! And while my guess is that most parents who do circumcise don't put a whole lot of thought into it, thinking "eh, it's just what's done!", I think that lack of thought is problematic and maybe indicative of a belief that babies don't feel pain (a very wrong belief), or indicative of ignorance about what exactly is cut away, what its purpose is, how it affects the sexual pleasure of both the circumcised man and his wife. It's easy to get caught up doing things in a certain way because "that's just what folks do!" -- but I do wish that Christians think a LOT more deeply about all of this, listen to the Church, listen to what pediatricians have to say, etc. (and maybe throw a thought toward the possible future marriage of their sons and the sexual happiness they should have with their wives).

I give you one last chance to stop accusing people of "shouting" and "yelling" and being "hysterical" and "emotional" when you post. You have a habit of doing this and, from what I've seen, you've done so without cause every time. I find that whole phenomenon pretty ironic given that above you break everything down to "feelings": "I was circumcised and the male members of my family were and so were my friends...none of them feel the same way you and Melikite do." This isn't about "feelings." It's about whether the Church condones routine circumcision (She does NOT) and about the rightness or wrongness of circumcising male children as a routine procedure and not for medical reasons which the children actually present (as opposed to "they might get an infection some time down the road" sort of thinking) or are very likely to present because they have some other medical issue (mental retardation which would make impossible their ability to care for themselves in terms of hygiene, for ex.).

It also sounds to me as if you are not "indifferent" to this issue as you seem to claim with your having said, "So while I'm not denying some people feel like they were "abused" for being circumcised...coming on here and shouting at people saying they have to feel the same way you do, and agree with you.....isn't gonna fly for people who just are indifferent on this issue." If you were indifferent, you wouldn't be so bothered by the fact that the Church teaches against routine circumcision.

And to the poster bothered that a sede priest posts at the forum:  said priest does not "run free-reign" about, posting sede materials. There is ONE sub-forum for the discussion of sedevacantism, the SSPX vs. diocesan Tradition, etc. -- a sub-forum that most of the people here seemed to want.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Catholic Church forbids circumcision for any reason! - by VoxClamantis - 02-28-2014, 08:48 PM