New Trad Catholic forum sticky at CAF BEWARE!
I think that CAF is a bit of a joke...I've been reprimanded by the moderators multiple times myself.  The saddest part is that most of the posters posses such a limited knowledge of even the basics of the Catholic religion that you can't have a serious Catholic discussion there. 
(03-05-2014, 12:43 PM)PompousMaximus Wrote: The Magisterium has not given anyone license to speak for Catholicism in any manner other than charitably and respectfully.

Neither did the Magisterium give CAF a license to be uncharitable and unrespectful towards Traditional Catholics. I think they are very "judgmental" by giving you a reprimand!

Perhaps the people at CAF could tell you how to obtain a license from Rome? I mean, their attitude towards Trads seems to imply that they've got a license, so it shouldn't be that difficult to obtain one. Just tell me which dicastery of the Roman Curia is responsible for such licenses.
[Image: aj.jpg] St. Arnold Janssen SVD, pray for us!
Quote:Just posted it there so we will see if they like it or not.

I think I will send the moderator a private message wherein I will quote  19th century/early 20th century Papal Magisterium, compare it with the the types of statements put forward by the modern Papal Magisterium, and
then ask:

According to which standard of magisterial -speak do the moderators judge whether or not a comment is charitable? Because, per an honest thought experiment, it seems as though if a past pope were living today and had an account on CAF and made a statement of the same nature as the statements in his published works, he would be banned!

It is fine that the moderators expect charity. What is problematic is that it seems as though (and this is the opinion of many Catholics who have participated on CAF) there is a different standard of "charity" being applied to posts made on the Traditional Catholic forum than on other forums on CAF.

I know that "the times have changed", but surely what constitutes charity has not.
(03-07-2014, 03:29 PM)Decora lux Wrote:
(03-05-2014, 12:43 PM)PompousMaximus Wrote: The Magisterium has not given anyone license to speak for Catholicism in any manner other than charitably and respectfully.

Neither did the Magisterium give CAF a license to be uncharitable and unrespectful towards Traditional Catholics. I think they are very "judgmental" by giving you a reprimand!

Perhaps the people at CAF could tell you how to obtain a license from Rome? I mean, their attitude towards Trads seems to imply that they've got a license, so it shouldn't be that difficult to obtain one. Just tell me which dicastery of the Roman Curia is responsible for such licenses.

I believe they mean license in the sense of liberty or license not a license like a driver license.

The Church hasn't given CAF any authority to teach the Catholic Faith, so take any such crazy wild eyed laymen with a grain of salt.