Tim Has Died
My mistake. I reread the original post and realized he died on the eve of St. Benedict's feast day. Maybe St. Benedict wanted him up there on his big day? I can't imagine why not....what a beautiful soul he was!
(03-22-2014, 02:30 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: Ok.  So Fatima by itself may be a bit too much. . .   What about just devotion to Our Lady?  You could have an ebook, some links to chanting the Little Office of BVM, prayer cards, etc.

This is an idea I really like! I wanted to add information about the Little Office anyway, and doing that in honor of Tim, with other things thrown in, like the prayer cards you mention -- that'd make it all so much nicer.  Now I just have to get a copy of the Little Office that was in use in 1962.

:pray2: Rest in peace.
(03-22-2014, 03:02 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:
(03-22-2014, 02:30 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: Ok.  So Fatima by itself may be a bit too much. . .   What about just devotion to Our Lady?  You could have an ebook, some links to chanting the Little Office of BVM, prayer cards, etc.

This is an idea I really like! I wanted to add information about the Little Office anyway, and doing that in honor of Tim, with other things thrown in, like the prayer cards you mention -- that'd make it all so much nicer.  Now I just have to get a copy of the Little Office that was in use in 1962.

Are you still in touch with HK?  Might he be willing to help with the chant?
How about Charlesh? He has the 1962 little office on his website.
I offered my Rosary for Tim today. Don't forget the Sabbatine privilege-that a soul detained in Purgatory who had a devotion to Our Lady's rosary and scapular would be released on the first Saturday after his/her death. That certainly describes Tim. Though his love for Our Lord  and Our Lady was so strong that I suspect he didn't have to do too much time anyway.
God bless him. He will be missed here, for sure, God love him! Prayers for your soul, Tim and a toast a little later on tonight to our absent brother!
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
He had a great beard, and such a nice disposition, didn't he? He will always be gold here.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
(03-22-2014, 03:58 PM)CaptCrunch73 Wrote: How about Charlesh? He has the 1962 little office on his website.

Do you know him well enough to ask him if it can be used, paisan'?
Tibi, Dómine, commendamus animam fámuli tui Timothei ut defunctus, saeculo tibi vivat.

Subvenite, Sancti Dei, occurite, Angeli Domini: suscipientes ánimam ejus, offerens eam in conspectum Altíssimi.

Anima Timothei, et ánimae omnium fidelium defunctorum, per misericordiam Dei, requiescant in pace.

What sad news. I had been away for some days.  Was he ill?