Tim Has Died
I will get Father to mention him during the Memento tomorrow. As for myself, I will offer up a Rosary for the repose of his soul as well as say the Office of the Dead for him.  Requiescant in Pace, Tim and may the Lord, God Almighty, shine his perpetual light on you and give you peace.
Someone suggested Gregorian Masses.  I know Fr. Brian Harrison, O.S. offers Gregorian Masses in the Traditional Rite.  If you would be interested in more information just let me know, as Fr. Harrison is a personal friend of mine.

As for praying together via Skype, might I suggest using Google Hangouts instead?  Skype does not allow free group chats with video, but Google Hangouts does.

Requiem aeternam dona Timotheo, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat ei. Requiescat in pace. Amen. :pray2:
(03-22-2014, 06:54 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(03-21-2014, 11:52 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: A friend just asked me about a way for the forum to honor Tim. So, I'm "crowd-sourcing," as they say. Any ideas?

A 'special collection' from forum members to have the traditional 30 Gregorian Masses celebrated for the repose of his soul? (In the Old Rite, of course!)

***ETA***A quick bit of research indicates itwould be in the range of US$250-$300.

Could we do this in addition to the web pages in his memory and to spread his love for Our Lady?  While I'm pretty sure he is in heaven, we have to keep praying.  This would benefit him personally in the most direct way.  Once he is in heaven think what a saint Tim will be for us! If he's there already I'm sure God will redirect the prayers in a way that will please Tim and benefit us.
Perhaps it would be a good idea to try and say the Office of the Dead on Monday, the day of his funeral. For those who don't want to say the Office, a Rosary would be a good substitute. It is also traditional in the Roman tradition to say the Office again on the third, seventh and thirtieth days after death or burial, as well as the anniversary. I will be saying the Office on Monday for the funeral, and then 3/27 for the Three Days' Mind, 3/31 for the Seven Days' Mind and 4/23 for the the Thirty Days' Mind. There is a special collect in the Missal and Breviary for these smaller anniversaries.

If you don't have a diurnal or breviary with the Office and wish to say it, you can go to divinumofficium.com, select the rubrics you wish to use, and select "Defunctorum" in the rightmost menu at the bottom. The only change you need to make is to omit the collect given there for all the departed and substitute one of the following:

Said on the day of burial only if the body be absent
Absólve, quæsumus, Dómine, ánimam fámuli tui Timothei, ut defúnctus sæculo tibi vivat : et, quæ per fragilitátem carnis humána conversatióne commísit, tu vénia misericordíssimæ pietátis abstérge.  Per Dóminum nostrum Jesum Christum, Fílium tuum : qui tecum vivit et regnat in unitáte Spíritus Sancti Deus, per ómnia sæcula sæculórum.
R.  Amen.

On the third, seventh, and thirtieth day after the burial of the deceased
Quæsumus, Dómine, ut ánimæ fámuli tui Timothei cujus depositiónis diem tértium (vel séptimum, vel trigésimum) commemorámus, Sanctórum atque electórum tuórum largíri dignéris consórtium ; et rorem misericórdiæ tuæ perénnem infúndas.  Per Dóminum.

At the Year's-Mind
Deus, indulgentiárum Dómine : da ánimæ fámuli tui Timothei cujus anniversárium depositiónis diem commemorámus, refrigérii sedem, quiétis beatitúdinem, et lúminis claritátem.  Per Dóminum nostrum.

For a Man Departed
Inclína, Dómine, aurem tuam ad preces nostras, quibus misericórdiam tuam súpplices deprecámur : ut ánimam fámuli tui Timothei, quam de hoc sæculo migráre jussísti, in pacis ac lucis regióne constítuas, et Sanctórum tuórum júbeas esse consórtem.  Per Dóminum.

Note that at Matins, only one Nocturn has to be said - the first on Sunday, Monday and Thursday; the second on Tuesday and Friday; the third on Wednesday and Saturday. In the 1960 rubrics, the Invitatory is always said; in older rubrics, it is omitted if the antiphons are not doubled.
(03-22-2014, 07:45 PM)aquinas138 Wrote: Perhaps it would be a good idea to try and say the Office of the Dead on Monday, the day of his funeral. For those who don't want to say the Office, a Rosary would be a good substitute. It is also traditional in the Roman tradition to say the Office again on the third, seventh and thirtieth days after death or burial, as well as the anniversary. I will be saying the Office on Monday for the funeral, and then 3/27 for the Three Days' Mind, 3/31 for the Seven Days' Mind and 4/23 for the the Thirty Days' Mind. There is a special collect in the Missal and Breviary for these smaller anniversaries.
I was planning on doing this, too! As well as reciting the Small Panikhída on the traditional third, ninth and fortieth day after death. I might even make some koliva to eat. The fellow I care for is a Mormon so I have wheat berries in the food storage!
(03-22-2014, 05:45 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: He had a great beard, and such a nice disposition, didn't he? He will always be gold here.
So sudden.

Rest in peace, my friend.

I remember when you joined, and am glad to have known you. You will be in my prayers.

Stephen
I was sooo shocked to hear this... He was such a good man! May God grant him peace
Requiescat in pace. Amen.  :pray:

Deus, cui proprium est misereri semper et parcere, te supplices exoramus pro anima famuli tui Timothei, quam hodie de hoc saeculo migrare jussisti: ut non tradas eam in manus inimici, neque obliviscaris in finem, sed jubeas eam a sanctis Angelis suscipi et ad patriam paradisi; ut, quia in te speravit et credidit, non poenas inferni sustineat, sed gaudia aeterna possideat. Per Dominum nostrum Jesum Christum Filium tuum, qui tecum vivit et regnat in unitate Spiritus Sancti, Deus, per omnia saecula saeculorum. Amen.

"His lord said to him: Well done, good and faithful servant, because thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will place thee over many things. Enter thou into the joy of thy lord."
(Matthew 25:21)
[Image: aj.jpg] St. Arnold Janssen SVD, pray for us!
What a shock! This is so very sad. I will continue to pray for Tim even though we do have hope that he is in the Beatific Vision and can intercede for us. Beautiful suggestions by those who have already posted.

Deprodundis clamavi ad te, Domine ...

Rest in peace, Tim,

deprofundis