Tim Has Died
Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord, and may the perpetual

light shine upon him.......................

=============

St Raymond of Penafort pray for us...............
A Franciscan came to my house to say a short private mass for my family.  I had him offer it for Tim.
(03-23-2014, 04:45 PM)John64 Wrote: I just recieved the LiveMass group e mail from Father Fryar

"Dear Friends of LiveMass,

I was sorrowed to hear today that Mr Timothy McCarthy passed away on the 20th - last Thursday. He was a member of our LiveMass “parish”, and faithfully would give his donation each Sunday during the broadcast, at Offertory time. LiveMass was the only Mass he could attend, oftentimes. I am going to miss him, but he will always be in my prayers.

I will be offering a Requiem Mass for him tomorrow at 7am EST, although it will not be broadcast on LiveMass. Feel free to join me in spirit. Please keep him in your prayers.

http://www.herdegenfuneralhome.com/fh/ob...h_id=12569

God bless you
Fr Fryar "

And I'd bet you dollars to donuts that he gave all he could. That's just how he was. IS. Like I said earlier somewhere, and as most of us know, Tim was "living on the edge" financially-speaking. He had nothing monetarily.. But he dug in deep. I pray that folks give what they can to the parish that was very close to Tim's heart, the parish he requested folks give to instead of sending flowers:  http://www.christthekingsarasota.org/

It's just so easy, and sounds almost "cheesy" (pardon the unintentional rhyme) to say that his life on earth set an example for us all, but it's simply the Truth. My prayer is that we Fishies and lurkers learn something from Tim in terms of the beauty, the necessity, of truly understanding the Gospel message, from having experienced his gentleness, joy, charity, ability to, like St. Paul, his patron, "meet folks where they're at." He was as trad as they come, but there wasn't even a whiff of bitterness or nastiness about him. What I pray folks "do" with their mourning is turn to Jesus and ask Him to make their heart like His. I believe Tim's heart was like that of the Sacred Heart in many way, in terms of emulation and of his having allowed Christ to heal him and affect his way of being in the world. I can't speak for Tim, obviously, but I'd guess that his main prayer for us Fishies is that we allow Christ to change our hearts as opposed to treating the Faith as a set of debating points (a not un-common trad trap). He wanted nothing more than for everyone to love Our Mother and do what she told us, which is to repent, pray, and truly know (not just "know of") her Son.  In the end, the best way to honor Tim is to really think about all that and do it. I just "know" that Tim would be thrilled!

(03-23-2014, 07:03 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:
(03-23-2014, 04:45 PM)John64 Wrote: I just recieved the LiveMass group e mail from Father Fryar

And I'd bet you dollars to donuts that he gave all he could. That's just how he was. IS. Like I said earlier somewhere, and as most of us know, Tim was "living on the edge" financially-speaking. He had nothing monetarily.. But he dug in deep. I pray that folks give what they can to the parish that was very close to Tim's heart, the parish he requested folks give to instead of sending flowers:  http://www.christthekingsarasota.org/

It's just so easy, and sounds almost "cheesy" (pardon the unintentional rhyme) to say that his life on earth set an example for us all, but it's simply the Truth. My prayer is that we Fishies and lurkers learn something from Tim in terms of the beauty, the necessity, of truly understanding the Gospel message, from having experienced his gentleness, joy, charity, ability to, like St. Paul, his patron, "meet folks where they're at." He was as trad as they come, but there wasn't even a whiff of bitterness or nastiness about him. What I pray folks "do" with their mourning is turn to Jesus and ask Him to make their heart like His. I believe Tim's heart was like that of the Sacred Heart in many way, in terms of emulation and of his having allowed Christ to heal him and affect his way of being in the world. I can't speak for Tim, obviously, but I'd guess that his main prayer for us Fishies is that we allow Christ to change our hearts as opposed to treating the Faith as a set of debating points (a not un-common trad trap). He wanted nothing more than for everyone to love Our Mother and do what she told us, which is to repent, pray, and truly know (not just "know of") her Son.  In the end, the best way to honor Tim is to really think about all that and do it. I just "know" that Tim would be thrilled!

As most of you know, my son passed away about 4 wks. ago. It was completely unexpected & he has 3 daughters, one at Kansas State University, another is starting at Sioux Falls U. this fall & another is in the 6th grade. His wife asked for, in lieu of flowers, a contribution for the girls education. Many checks were sent to me to forward on. Most of them were $40-$50.
However, one LONG TIME friend from the days that we were farmers had raised her 5 children alone. She kept records at auctions, cooked at the school & gave horseback riding
lessons to city children. She worked VERY hard all of her life.  She sent a check for $10 for me to send on to the college fund of my grandchildren. It made me cry.

That day the parable of the widows "mite" became real to me. I imagine Tim had the same values that my friend has.

Modified by Vox to fix quoting problem
I've appreciated Tim's posts for years.  I always enjoyed when he would share his first hand experience of the way things were in the "old days" (i.e. pre-VII).  He was a pillar of the FE community.  I will miss him.
May he rest in peace always.

C.
(03-23-2014, 07:30 PM)JoniCath Wrote: As most of you know, my son passed away about 4 wks. ago. It was completely unexpected & he has 3 daughters, one at Kansas State University, another is starting at Sioux Falls U. this fall & another is in the 6th grade. His wife asked for, in lieu of flowers, a contribution for the girls education. Many checks were sent to me to forward on. Most of them were $40-$50.
However, one LONG TIME friend from the days that we were farmers had raised her 5 children alone. She kept records at auctions, cooked at the school & gave horseback riding
lessons to city children. She worked VERY hard all of her life.  She sent a check for $10 for me to send on to the college fund of my grandchildren. It made me cry.

That day the parable of the widows "mite" became real to me. I imagine Tim had the same values that my friend has.

Modified by Vox to fix quoting problem

What a beautiful story, Joni. No wonder it made you cry, ya know? And yes, Tim was the same sort of way; he had not much of nothing in terms of temporal wealth, but gave anyway.  But Tim had what I imagine your friend has -- something so much more valuable: faith in Christ, love for others, family, people who love them. Worth more than all the gold in the world (though gold is nice, too Sticking tongue out at you )

I hope you're doing OK, Joni. I think of you and your loss and so pray you're at peace and filled with hope, even though you'll have to miss your son for "just a little while."

(03-23-2014, 04:45 PM)John64 Wrote:
(03-23-2014, 12:46 PM)John64 Wrote: I emailed Father Fryar today who created LiveMass.net and asked that he pray for Tim, he responded that he is going to offer Holy Mass for Tim tommorow, my guess where is stationed at now and he is going to have the LiveMass community pray for Tim.  Smile  I told him Tim would really appreciate it. 

I just recieved the LiveMass group e mail from Father Fryar

"Dear Friends of LiveMass,

I was sorrowed to hear today that Mr Timothy McCarthy passed away on the 20th - last Thursday. He was a member of our LiveMass “parish”, and faithfully would give his donation each Sunday during the broadcast, at Offertory time. LiveMass was the only Mass he could attend, oftentimes. I am going to miss him, but he will always be in my prayers.

I will be offering a Requiem Mass for him tomorrow at 7am EST, although it will not be broadcast on LiveMass. Feel free to join me in spirit. Please keep him in your prayers.

God bless you
Fr Fryar "

Thank you, Father!! (I hope he sees this.)
May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace. Amen.
Pray Pray Pray
Tim was one of the good ones. Loved his recollections of the old days.

Pray