Tim Has Died
He will be sorely missed!. Hope to meet him in God's heavenly kingdom!. Rest in peace Tim!.
(03-24-2014, 01:14 AM)Whitey Wrote: Tim was one of the good ones. Loved his recollections of the old days.

Pray

That is what I loved about Tim the most, he was my window to the old church and Catholic way of life before modern times, I was born in 64 and was raised in the modern church, went to secular schools ect....Tim always talked about the Catholic schools he was in, being taught by nuns and priests, the old church and I often find myself wishing I could have experienced that.
(03-23-2014, 07:03 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:
(03-23-2014, 04:45 PM)John64 Wrote: I just recieved the LiveMass group e mail from Father Fryar

"Dear Friends of LiveMass,

I was sorrowed to hear today that Mr Timothy McCarthy passed away on the 20th - last Thursday. He was a member of our LiveMass “parish”, and faithfully would give his donation each Sunday during the broadcast, at Offertory time. LiveMass was the only Mass he could attend, oftentimes. I am going to miss him, but he will always be in my prayers.

I will be offering a Requiem Mass for him tomorrow at 7am EST, although it will not be broadcast on LiveMass. Feel free to join me in spirit. Please keep him in your prayers.

http://www.herdegenfuneralhome.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=2458637&fh_id=12569

God bless you
Fr Fryar "

And I'd bet you dollars to donuts that he gave all he could. That's just how he was. IS. Like I said earlier somewhere, and as most of us know, Tim was "living on the edge" financially-speaking. He had nothing monetarily.. But he dug in deep. I pray that folks give what they can to the parish that was very close to Tim's heart, the parish he requested folks give to instead of sending flowers:  http://www.christthekingsarasota.org/

Vox another way I think Tim would appreciate is to also donate directly to the LiveMass to keep it running, it will not only help Father Fryar run the Florida broadcast also the one in Mexico and a new one he is starting in Europe I believe.      Here is a link to give by paypal to Christ the King church and to LiveMass directly.

http://www.livemass.net/LiveMass/donate.html
I said a rosary today and a mass will be said for Tim.  I have to say I'm thankful to have Tim up there praying. 
Tim has been added to Rorate Caeli Purgatorial Society. There are 37 priests that say Traditional Masses for the members.
Lord, have mery.
R: Credo quod redemptor meus vivit: et in novissimo die de terra surrecturus sum: Et in carne mea videbo Deum salvatorem meum.
(R: I believe that my redeemer liveth, and that in the last day I shall rise from the earth: and in my flesh shall see God my saviour).

V: Quem visurus sum ego ipse, et non alius, et oculi mei conspecturi sunt. Et in carne mea videbo Deum salvatorem meum.
(V: Whom I myself shall see and not another, and mine eyes shall behold. And in my flesh I shall see God my saviour.)

Responsorium ad matutinum - office for the dead
I haven't been to FE in awhile but I felt the need to bump this thread for Tim.  Even though we never met, I always loved his posts, his stories, and his devotion to Our Lady.  May he rest in peace.

Requiem aeternam dona ei, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat ei. Requiescat in pace. Amen.  Pray Pray Pray
I just realized who Tim was,,, and now I recall that whenever I saw his posts I knew they would be solidly Catholic and interesting/informative.
He will definately be missed...
(03-25-2014, 06:36 AM)HuskerTom Wrote: I haven't been to FE in awhile but I felt the need to bump this thread for Tim.  Even though we never met, I always loved his posts, his stories, and his devotion to Our Lady.  May he rest in peace.

Requiem aeternam dona ei, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat ei. Requiescat in pace. Amen.   Pray Pray Pray

I'm glad you bumped it. I've thought about what will happen to this thread in time. It will do as threads do -- end up on page 2, then 3, then, after some time, 97 or whatever. When I feel the time is right, I'm going to move this to the Oratory and pin it.

Donating to LiveMass, like John64 suggested, is a BRILLIANT idea. Tim would've loved that, I'm sure -- that and the parish linked to in his obituary (see first post's link).

Oh Captain, my Captain, I'm so glad you enrolled Tim in the RC Purgatorial Society! I didn't know about that, and you inspired me to add my family to it, too Smile